The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bad day

JamieP

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jammie Mate im so sorry to hear this i know excatly what your going through mate i lost my mum 3 years ago to cancer after she had a 2 year fight with it she was only 54 mate

Anything i can do for you mate just let me know i know it's going to take a long time for you to get over this take care mate

just read the thread, I am so sorry for your loss Jamie, I dont know you personally but believe me when I say my thoughts are with you and your family, I cant begin to imagine how your feeling, please let time run its course, and heal some of the pain your feeling, keep your head up mate, if you ever need a chat, drop a post on here

Bloody hell! It was only five days ago you found out he had cancer.

Amazing how your whole life can turn upside down in under a week - scary stuff.

I feel for you Jamie. I've been there with my dad and I know how shit it is.

:(

Jaime. Arrh mate. I have to say when you told me how your father was, and how the doctors were dragging their feet regarding results, that I knew time was running out. This was exactly how my situation was and was why I said about staying with him and forgetting about work :-(

Mate, I know what your going through, and my heart goes out to you. I went through a number of feelings, one was shock, shocked at how quick it was, the second was anger, as why didnt the dr's do more and the third was guilt, as part of me as glad he was gone as the pain he was suffering was awful.

MY father was a big, powerful, tough man. Brought up in the East End of London, then running a pub there, often going out with the Richardsons, and was a tasty chap, but to see him as he was at the end, in pain, shrunk in size due to his body getting no food, well, I was glad that he wasnt suffering anymore.

The last night I saw my old man, he told me that he wasnt scared about dying, as he had a great life and was proud of his two sons. Im sure your dad felt the same and having you their at the end was a great comfort for him. Think about it, there isnt a better way to go, then seeing / feeling all your family, your son, wife, people that love you, around you, being there for you !

Dont see it as an end, see it as a begining for him, I like to think my old chap is somewhere else, drinking a vodka and coke, smoking a cigar, having a laugh.

You are going to have some hard times ahead matey and you will need to be strong. I cried lots of times, and found the funeral really tough as seeing the coffin lowered in to the ground, as a final good bye. When I say a final good bye, I mean that during my father's illness, he was always in hospitals, so I was used to him not being at home. So, even when he died, he still felt alive, or at the hospital, but when I saw the coffin being lowered, I knew that it was over and he had gone.

I think that the point in which my father died, was the point I then became a man. YOur always your father's son, he was the top dog in your family, the head bull, but now he's gone, this now passes on to you. By the sounds of it, your old chap brought up a clever, grounded son, so, its your time now to carry on your name, and do your old boy proud.

I hope all goes well matey, and Im glad your were there when he went.

SBK

Jamie,

my condolences on your loss, It's nearly a year since my mum passed away and it does get easier. Some of the friends I have made on here helped me through it. Remember the good times.

I know right now that my mum is some where warm, running around with our little dog (Troy) and they are living in my heart, where they always will mate.

I'm sure your dad is doing the same.

Jamie,

So sorry to hear your news.

Give yourself time to grieve and don't loose sight of the good times with your Dad, try not to dwell on the last five days.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

You say that your business is suffering, well if there is anything that I or I am sure that other members can do to help then we will.

Guest Garfy

So so sorry man, one thing is for sure, at times like these you find out just how many friends you have, and some will really stand out above others.

After my Dad died I found that many people just wouldn't talk to me about it, and still don't now, it's really strange, I suppose they didn't want to upset me, but the truth is all I wanted to do was talk about him, I guess what I am saying is, if you want to talk to people then here seams like an excellent place to do it, it looks like many people have gone through similar experiance's, it's only when things like this happen to you, you realise just how many people die well before there time.

Garath