The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bad day

JamieP

JamieP,

My old boy had liver cancer, well, bladder cancer that moved to his liver, which eventually killed him.

Your father's liver cancer, is it primary or secondary ? If its primary, i.e. cancer started off in his liver then your in a better position as there are quite a few different treatments to cure this. Also, the body can live with half a liver so the dr's can cut large amounts away but you will still be okay!!! Alchol / radiation/ radiation pelets / cutting are different types of treatment.

If its secondary, i.e. cancer that has spread there from another part of the body, well, chemo is the only way forward, as the dr's will feel that other parts of your body have been infacted. This is why you get liver cancer, as the blood transports it around ur body, thru your liver. Best to get him on it asap, as the weaker the body, the more chance of problems i.e. my father died on his first bag of chemo. As the cancer grows, the body will get weaker, and Dr's arent so quick to suggest chemo, hence whilst he's still full of engery, best get on it now.

When you get liver cancer, your body cant clean the blood too well, so you go yellow. Eating will be hard, so you need to eat calorie rich drinks like norishment, 1500 cals a can, for engery, or your old boy will get so tired. We kept my old boy alive for a few months on that stuff matey !!!:-)

What ever the case, my heart goes out to you mate, I had a year of what your going thru, makes you realise / hate George best as my father would of loved that liver !!!

Look on the net, do some searches, and keep positive !!! You really have no options but to try anything to sort this. Its your time now to step up and look after your old boy, just like my brother and I did.

Best of luck mate.

SBK

thanks very much for the advice, i dont know if its primary or secondary, he is having a scan today so hopefully ill find out more soon.

he is in a right mess, very week, his eyes are yellow and the weight has fallen of him, he has a chest infection and belly is very swallon and he is in a lot of discomfort, the only thing he will eat is icecream, i made him have a nutrition drink today that the nurse gave him

i cant get over how much he has changed in 2 weeks, he looks like a different man. he has all his family round him and we make sure there is always someone with him.

his father died of liver cancer at the age of 52.

thanks again, jamie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaime

Your description sounds like my father. The yellow-ness in his eyes is due to the liver not cleaning out the blood, so its full of crap / poisions. Its quite disturbing seeing that, a picture I will never forget.

My father's tummy became very swallon too. The Dr's should be able to do various utlra scans / bio-opsys to determine the size of the bas-tard cancer, although it sounds like its quite large. If the cancer is growing, like a sopt / wort, on the side of the liver, then the dr's can cut this away. However, if the cancer is growing inside, then it becomes harder and dr's dont want to operate incase your dad bleeds to death.

Mate, I feel sad to write this, but your father sounds just like mine did, size / look / strength, and I feel you need to accept that time is running out. Once I realised this, it gave me time to say how I felt, say the things I wanted to say but being a right macho / men are men family, never did. The cancer sounds like its quite large, and starting to shutdown the liver.

My old boy died at 67, which I felt was terribly young, but your Grandad, 52 ?? terrible. THe good always die young.

I lost my father in 2000, and even now writing this, I can feel myself getting upset, remembering the pain.

You send him my regards and tell him to keep fighting !

My thoughts are with you matey

SBK

Jaime, if I was you, take time off from work, stay round your old boy and look after him.

Im a solaris contractor, and from what I was told by the dr's, he would be strong enough to go on chemo, therefore told me to go to work the next day.

So, off I went to work, when my mum and bro went to see him. He died that day before I could get home and see him.

I regret that decision every day.

You obviously are close to your father like I was, so Im just grateful that I had a nice father as many blokes / girls dont. They have arsehole fathers that never gave a shite etc. My old boy was my mate and I miss him every day. But, its your time now to step up and be the man he's made you. Be strong, be brave !

Go to the local shop, get a can of chocolate nourshment, and go and be with your father.

SBK

ive not worked this week but i have to go back next week or ill fuck my buisness up. im only working 10 min from the hospital

and yea im very close to him, but i cant sit there watching him suffer

i stayed till he fell asleep, my mum and sister are still there

Jamie, you have to spend every spare minute you can with him, when I lost my grandad (I dont have a dad) I regret never seeing him before he passed away.

We will pray for you, take care, look after your mum and sister, it would be what your dad will expect - if you dont he will give you a slap when he gets better!

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Guest Garfy

Sh*t Jamie, I am really sorry to hear things are not going in the right dirrection, and there is not much more I can say then what has already been said, but Simon K is right, get yourself to that hospital and spend as much time with him as you can, when I lost my dad it was sudden with absolutely no warning, and although I can't imagine how difficult it is to see your once strong Dad in this weakened state, I would give anything to of had some warning time.

My heart goes out to you mate, I really do know how you feel, prepare yourself for it, and be strong for your Mum, but try not to do what I did and completely burry youself in making sure others are ok, this just prolonged my own greif because it didn't really hit me untill about year after he died.

im really sorry hun, my dad has cancer to his is prostate cancer.

he told me and my brother last year that he had it and he and my mum had kept it secret from us for 2 years, he was given 5 years to live and that was 3 years ago, he`s doing ok but at the age of 56 he is still young.

its really tough i see him every day changing and the not knowing when is really hard. this year he has been in hospital 3 times already for operations and stuff, he actually went in today for another op. if there is anything you wanna talk about info or advice just pm me.

and good luck

clair x

Clair

A friends father had prostate cancer and he was given two options, 1) cut it out, which meant he wouldnt be able to get a hardon, or 2) radiation beams which would be 100% accurate and may still stop him having a hardon.

So, he searched the net and discovered that in the US they offer a different treatment, which included injecting radiation pellets into his prostate, which would then kill the cancer from within. So, he booked himself in, cost him £10K, and it worked.

This was 4/5 years ago, and his `ps` rate ( Im sure its called that, is low, i.e. now cancer.

Your father has still got time and should look at different treatments, in different counties.

Best of luck.

SBK