The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bad day

JamieP

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jamie, not much to say that is going to help other than our thoughts are with you and your family. Difficult times ahead, whatever the outcome, but you have to be strong for your fathers sake and the rest of the family. I lost both my parents to cancer, well before their time, and they both went through a rollercoaster of treatment, good days and bad days but the family support was so important to them. Im sure hes a fighter, but hes going to need you to help him battle this one. Wishing you all the best, and keep posting if it helps.....

my dad has not been well for a few weeks, i found out today he has cancer of the liver, the dotor has told me has only has a 20% chance of getting though this.

im going back up the hospital now

Really Sorry for you Jamie...

Guest sunnyG83

im very sorry to hear about your dad and im sure that with you and your family's support he is gonna be just fine, i know its easy for us all to say this but keep your chin up mate :thumbs:

JamieP,

My old boy had liver cancer, well, bladder cancer that moved to his liver, which eventually killed him.

Your father's liver cancer, is it primary or secondary ? If its primary, i.e. cancer started off in his liver then your in a better position as there are quite a few different treatments to cure this. Also, the body can live with half a liver so the dr's can cut large amounts away but you will still be okay!!! Alchol / radiation/ radiation pelets / cutting are different types of treatment.

If its secondary, i.e. cancer that has spread there from another part of the body, well, chemo is the only way forward, as the dr's will feel that other parts of your body have been infacted. This is why you get liver cancer, as the blood transports it around ur body, thru your liver. Best to get him on it asap, as the weaker the body, the more chance of problems i.e. my father died on his first bag of chemo. As the cancer grows, the body will get weaker, and Dr's arent so quick to suggest chemo, hence whilst he's still full of engery, best get on it now.

When you get liver cancer, your body cant clean the blood too well, so you go yellow. Eating will be hard, so you need to eat calorie rich drinks like norishment, 1500 cals a can, for engery, or your old boy will get so tired. We kept my old boy alive for a few months on that stuff matey !!!:-)

What ever the case, my heart goes out to you mate, I had a year of what your going thru, makes you realise / hate George best as my father would of loved that liver !!!

Look on the net, do some searches, and keep positive !!! You really have no options but to try anything to sort this. Its your time now to step up and look after your old boy, just like my brother and I did.

Best of luck mate.

SBK