The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Auto with HKS SSQ

AntD

Hi,any of you running your TT this way had any major probs with stalling?I've done a search and can't get any specific info to come to a decision.My stock BOV shows some increasing leakage and I'm just wondering if I should replace it with an aftermarket one:)

Cheers

Ant

Hi,any of you running your TT this way had any major probs with stalling?I've done a search and can't get any specific info to come to a decision.My stock BOV shows some increasing leakage and I'm just wondering if I should replace it with an aftermarket one:)

Cheers

Ant

i need to know this aswell

What ECU are you planning on when you go single?

As far as I know the SAFC cant do anything with atmos BOV

E-manage blue has a workaround which is acceptable but not perfect.

E- manage ultimate I would imagine has the same or better than the blue, it is possible to remove the MAF with this but I dont think anyone has got it working 100% yet.

Anything better than that will be standalone and do away with the MAF anyway, so no more problem.

HKS do an IDLE Stabilizer...I've seen them on EVO's for atmospheric BOV's but I've not seen one on a Supra.

If an HKS Idle Stabilizer can be fitted, then this will allow a atmos bov on a MAF based car.

The reason it stalls is because the MAF measures the air coming in at the filter....the air then travels through the turbo and onto the throttle....the BOV is mounted post turbo and so if an Atmospheric BOV releases the measured air into the engine bay instead of keeping it in the system. But the ECU's still expecting it and so it adds enough fuel to compensate for the amount of air that SHOULD be there...only for it to actually flood the engine because naff all air actually turned up.

MAP based Supra's measure air at the plenum (intake mani) and so don't suffer this issue.

Why can't you move the MAF to be post BOV?? Because it measure's temperature too. It's calibrated to measure the temperature of the air at the filter, not turbocharged and therefore HOT air. Also, you'd suffer REVERSION. When the throttle slams shut you'd get a double air reading as the air that just passed through the MAF bounced back and races to the BOV to escape. This would double the amount of air registered.

Thanx for the reply mate.I suppose I best be looking at getting a new stock BOV then...

Ant i've got my old one still kicking about i think, might be in liverpool next weds if i get the car running on Friday. If i have still got it you can have it if you want.