The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what got you into cars?

JamieP

Guest gzaerojon

my Dad, i helped him for many years building his cobra when i was young

im 27 now and he's still not finnished it :taped:

The illusion of speed and freedom.

Unfortunately nothing to do with influences from TV/films, relatives etc. - just a somewhat 'controlled' childhood and a need to escape somehow.

The fact that I was happy to 'fiddle' with anything mechanical helped - as did a lack of money as a youngster (could only ever afford old bangers that needed fixing LOL).

my dad used to restore old military lorries. i always used to drive them off road at elvington. First vehicle i ever drove was a 4 litre radio truck :D

moved on to racing up elivington runway in a Vectra (i was young and foolish :D) when i was 16, and then driving all the other old vehicles too

by the time i turned 17 i had driven most kinda trucks n lorries, and a few cars, and had stripped and helped build up about 20 - 30 engines :D

nowadays my dad is more into classic cars, but im still a petrolhead:D

No one I knew was into cars at all. I was then given a Jonathon Palmer Motorsport day jolly by one of the large computer mags.

At the time I had a 1.0l Nova, functional and reliable.

After thrashing lots of fast machinery around my favorite was the Caterham Superlight....which then spawned me wanting to build something similar...and the Nova didn't last much longer ;)

dont know really,

since i was around 8, i could name all sorts of cars from distance etc,

i fell in love with the lotus elise when it came out,

my dad has had a few cars, perhaps a true turning point was when he bought a lexus gs300, i used to love the the 0-60 feel of that as a 13 year old

Guest blueangel

Wish i could say my old man but he drives a damn old landrover lol

always liked fast cars and the look of a well modded motor, to quote f&f iev got N2o running throu my veins and a gas tank as a brain.

I was into bikes big time, swore Id never get a car but several crashes later, a couple quite bad my then fiance refused to get on the bike again. First car I looked at that I actually drooled over was a Fiat 124 coupe with a Ferrari engine in it, but it didnt start....next afternoon I went to see a met red Celica ST1600 with chrome wheels - the rest is history.