The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what got you into cars?

JamieP

My god-mother was in the first ever issue of Max Power...

nothing to shout about really but any excuse! She had a tuned bright yellow R5 GT turbo. Back in '95 I think. That plus my dad building bikes and cars and a god-father working for Williams Renault and I guess thats me :p

mainly peddling like crazy in those go karts as a kid. then relising going to a big hill with road on it much more fun and faster!!. Till i got pulled over by the police for going on the road in it. I was only 10 and pulled by the fuzz :(

my mum bollocked me she thought i was down street at mates house :D

Guest Flat4_ire

never even started up a car until i was 17 yrs old, or even had any interest!! then i bought my first car at 18 which was a honda civic then i just got totally addicted! i turned 23 last month and ive had like 7 or 8 cars in the past few yrs, fecking money pit stupid cars :(

I'm not sure but the 2nd word I said was 'car' (first was 'slug' - WTF!) and I had a large collection of boxed matchbox cars before I was even born, my dad still moans at me for opening them up and playing with them *sigh*

I suspect it was a combo of my Dad and my uncle, they were both into cars with my Uncle having all the cool ones while I forced my old man to get practical... sorry Dad :)

I remember my Uncle turning up in a new white MK3 Supra all those years ago - the thing that impressed me most was the way the fogs looked clear but lit up yellow.... prior to that his old Alfa had impressed me with an electric aerial... tragic.

Matchbox cars and family are to blame then I guess... later on Fast Lane magazine helped add to the problem.

actually now i remember, when i was in high school my dad bought me the crapest old micra and everyone laughed whilst my mates all had brand new cars, Well anyway when i was at uni i worked nights to save up to buy an r33 v spec skyline which was my dream car. Until the supra came along and was given to me for my 18th birthday ever since iv been in love with the supra

Guest Terry S

Our school engineering teacher. A group of us built then raced a Kart in the National series. Got a taste for speed and never looked back really.

A post above reminded me (forgotten yonks ago) The Cannonball Run, the bit where they are just starting out and you hear them rumbling through the city in the early morning - brilliant...:)

That inspired me to buy a Triumph GT6, you may laugh, but it did have a straight six in it :D (OK it didn't like to go round corners much and prefered to carry straight on for a while if you were pressing on a bit).

From then on a Westfield (just selling see Sales thread) and Soo got the bug with XR2i / XR3i and MX3 / 5.

Then a wonderful thing happened (with Soo's pressure) we got the Supe :D :d :D

My Dad and my sis.

My sis has (until now) had fast BMW's. a tuned 320i, M-Tech 535, Z3 M-Tech tuned again, a E30 M3!!!

Dad has had his fair share in the past aswell, 5 jags (his first at the age of 21), 2 astin Martins a AC and some others that I forget and now he has a RV8.

Then he says to me 'Why do you want a car so fast at your age' the bloody cheek...