The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got pulled@95mph No points given

far

Small and illegal number plates are a pet hate of cops.

If you drive around like that you are emitting signals: 'nick me'

So you can't really complain that you got done, since before even opening your door you have displayed disrespect in their 'turf' (in their eyes!)

This 'body language' theme extends to the way the vehicle looks and moves as well. An obnoxious driving style or a loud&garish vehicle will attract them like a lightbulb attracts moths. Same as noisy, thumpy stereos, blue LED headlight washers, massive sunstrips and the like...

Small and illegal number plates are a pet hate of cops.

lol, yeah it's true but he didnt even know that until he looked at the tax disc. also i have noticed that they seem to crack down on that more than they do on no number palte at all. havent had a number plate on my rx for a week now as it blew off. drove past sh1t loads of cops and absolutely nothing. which brings me back to my point that this one must of been a k*** jockey :D

i must admit i havebeen driving for nearly two months with either a small plate in between the dash and window or no number at all and so far not been pulled, and its not as if there is not a shortage of sc#m about

when my car gets done will be getting a stick on one

Guest Flat4_ire
My licence is virgin mate, spanking clean (always has been) and it's not that I've never bounced off a speedo or have never been stopped by cops.

Yes, some cops are pricks, or have had a bad day (or night:eyebrows: ).

The right attitude on your part can always make a huge difference.

Even to the point of being arrested on the spot or being left to go with a minor charge that you can eventually slime out of, because 6 months down the line they can't even remember what you look like. If you're lippy they'll remember you alright.;)

no it wont always make a difference! sometimes maybe but a lot of cops (here anyway) just go around lookin for young guys especially in fancy cars dying to screw them over anything! it all depends on the cop, and yeah not being a smart arse on ur part helps but it wudnt get u out of getting caught at 95mph!!

not being a smart arse on ur part helps but it wudnt get u out of getting caught at 95mph!!

Dude I got let off @ 95 mph so sometimes you can get let off, I guess its just down to the individual officer and your own attitude, it might have also been the fact that I was driving a bogo basic navy blue X-type diesel lol! I'm sure the story would have come out different if it was a supe or another sports car. :D

Believe it or not Police do not like doing traffic files... even the donut eating traffic cops :D

All Police are monitored on detections (i.e. bringing someone to justice by way of a prosecution) but these are only for crimes, not offences (such as speeding & all other traffic matters).

Drink drivers don't count on the targets that are set, neither are traffic tickets or summonses.:shock:

Only the really anal amongst them *LOVE* doing traffic summons files, tickets NIPs (Notice of Intended prosecution - the words said prior to a summons arriving in the post) etc.

So, here's my top 10 tips to avoiding a ticket/NIP:

1) Avoid your Sup loking like a real Chavmobile with cheap LED screen washers & neons badly fitted, & don't use them on the road - Police only pull motors they "fancy"; in essence look like they're being used by crims & nare-do-well's that'd rather spend their dosh on tacky bling than insurance etc.

2) If stopped by regular cops (there needs to be 2 of them as one will not be sufficient to evidence your speed beyond reasonable doubt) then there's a test that is used in the initial couple of seconds called the 'attitude test'. If you're polite & geneuinely remorseful in the first few seconds of the encounter then the cop is much more likely to give a verbal warning rather than start issuing tickets/summonses ;)

3) Have your driving licence plastic card on you, not having this or any other documents or proof of ID gets the level of suspicion right up & will entail a lengthy PNC check process that means the pen will have to come out. Once the pen is out its a small step to the ticket being written.

Offer up information & explain yourself in a polite fashion & you'll most likely walk away with words of advice.

4) Traffic police are called 'Black Rats' for one reason - They'll eat their own offspring :shock: , so if you get stopped by traffic the game's usually up. If you have one behind you & you know you've been seen doing something wrong, slow it down & pull over in a safe location. If they pull in behind you get out, go to the kerbside & wait for the traffic cop to join you. Put your best smile on and greet them with a friendly hello. Then explain that you thought they were going to pull you as you're always getting pulled, so you thought you'd make their job easier. Don't say anything about being sorry at this stage!

If they say you were speeding or whatever then you're as good as caught. They have video in all the cars that records everything. Being polite at this stage may help if the video gets played in court. If you're the type that always denies everything then deny away, but all the evidence is there so this will most likely give the magistrates the wrong impression if the tape is played in court.

5) The longer the process leading up to being booked up takes, the more likely the cops are going to get a call to a more important job, resulting in a quick telling off & them leaving.

6) If you spot them before they're right on your tail, & they haven't been following you for miles, then back off & let them cruise past. Most times they won't bother even having a word if they saw you at a distance and weren't able to clock your speed.

7) Your speed has to be measured accurately enough to enable a ticket to be written or a NIP. Be wary of cars accelerating up behind then matching your speed, especially at night.

8) Keep the pedal off the metal :banghead:

9) Use the cruise control :slap:

10) Obey the law!! :bye:

At last a useful post on the subject:d

1) Avoid your Sup loking like a real Chavmobile with cheap LED screen washers & neons badly fitted, ...

Couldn't agree more.

Stock appearance can go a long way in cop/crim/vand/pest-deterrence

2) If stopped by regular cops (there needs to be 2 of them as one will not be sufficient to evidence your speed beyond reasonable doubt) then there's a test that is used in the initial couple of seconds called the 'attitude test'. If you're polite & geneuinely remorseful in the first few seconds of the encounter then the cop is much more likely to give a verbal warning rather than start issuing tickets/summonses ;)

couldn't agree more

3) Have your driving licence plastic card on you, not having this or any other documents or proof of ID gets the level of suspicion right up & will entail a lengthy PNC check process that means the pen will have to come out.

I'm not sure about this one, surrendering driving licence on the roadside is not a wise practice in general.

How do you know that they'll give it back?

Once the pen is out its a small step to the ticket being written.

Offer up information & explain yourself in a polite fashion & you'll most likely walk away with words of advice.

couldn't agree more

4) Traffic police are called 'Black Rats' for one reason - They'll eat their own offspring :shock: , so if you get stopped by traffic the game's usually up. If you have one behind you & you know you've been seen doing something wrong, slow it down & pull over in a safe location. If they pull in behind you get out, go to the kerbside & wait for the traffic cop to join you. Put your best smile on and greet them with a friendly hello. Then explain that you thought they were going to pull you as you're always getting pulled, so you thought you'd make their job easier.

couldn't agree more

Don't say anything about being sorry at this stage!

admitting guilt and apologising is not a good tactic in general

If they say you were speeding or whatever then you're as good as caught. They have video in all the cars that records everything. Being polite at this stage may help if the video gets played in court.

On similar lines, I'd say nothing that could be used against me. If in doubt, keeping one's mouth shut is a worthwhile endeavour.

If you're the type that always denies everything then deny away, but all the evidence is there so this will most likely give the magistrates the wrong impression if the tape is played in court.

Denying everything is not a good tactic in general.

Denying anything is a good way to antagonise the cops (in a game you can't win)

Smart people neither confirm nor deny anything that could be used against them. Changing or dodging the subject subtly is better.

5) The longer the process leading up to being booked up takes, the more likely the cops are going to get a call to a more important job, resulting in a quick telling off & them leaving.

Couldn't agree more.

Timewasting tactics WORK

6) If you spot them before they're right on your tail, & they haven't been following you for miles, then back off & let them cruise past. Most times they won't bother even having a word if they saw you at a distance and weren't able to clock your speed.

Couldn't agree more.

You also demonstrate to them that you are vigilant (saw them immediately and took correcting action) so you are not a dozy idiot, hence not a road hazard.

7) Your speed has to be measured accurately enough to enable a ticket to be written or a NIP. Be wary of cars accelerating up behind then matching your speed, especially at night.

Couldn't agree more

I'm not sure about this one, surrendering driving licence on the roadside is not a wise practice in general.

How do you know that they'll give it back?

JohnA

Thanks for the appreciation :blush:

The paper counterpart is the bit that the points go on & you want to keep that, however the credit card sized part has a pic of you on it, your full name, date of birth, address & proves you have a licence. That's all a cop needs to be happy the person is a valid driver & is who they say they are.

Most stops are not for speeding alone, but allow cops to check for a DIC (drink driver) by having a good sniff (same for cannabis), to check the driver is actually licensed & more & more these days actually insured. Its the way to catch crims in action as most use cars to do their 'work'.

As long as you're above board & check out 100% genuine then they'll soon get bored & want to move on to the next potential prey who'se driving is a bit sus.

Cheers

Steve

You may find that as ANPR gets fitted into more and more police cars that they already know a great deal before the vehicle is ordered to stop.

Some categories of vehicles still have their on-line data messed up, but as you suspect, experienced cops can smell a rat from a long distance.

yes, they will pretend to be checking this and that while actually trying to smell for alcohol, drugs or see indications of anything else dodgy.

I can't be stressed how important it is to be 'boring', ordinary and timewasting (without actually divulging any info useful to them). They'll soon get bored and go find something else to do.

Asking the right questions also makes them feel powerful, important and knowledgeable. It can't hurt.:D