The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Oil Pump Supplier

dandan

Hi guys,

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply electric oil pumps. It needs to be able to flow around 600-1000ml/min at approx 40psi. This is for oil supply to a turbocharger on a custom motorbike engined project and as such the flowrate is relatively low. All the pumps I've seen have massive flowrates in comparison.

I read somewher about using a fuel pump but I'm sure the higher viscosity of the oil could cause problems.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Dan

Originally posted by dandan

Come on guys,

Help me out here, anyone got any advice????

I have never come across anything like that, but that certainly is NOT to say nothing exists. My only clue, of the top of my head, is find the web site for accusump. They make a crude alaternative to a dry sump, to keep bearings supplied with oil under oil surge, and I THINK, but could be mistaken, they brought out an electric pump addition to the simple oil pressure pre charged systems to allow pre and post running oiling. You might just get a lead there. Otherwise search on Jabsco, they make low voltage pumps i have used to scavenge oil from gearboxes and diffs and they have a huge range of pumps available. HTH.

Originally posted by dandan

Thanks for these leads chaps, bit of a trickey one eh?

I've passed on the info to my brother (who it was for) and hopefully he'll be able to make some progress.

Thanks again

CW Did you get my pm?

No, I may have lost some mail, I have built myself a new PC, and had a few probs. Now all working OK, but if you could resend it please, but direct to me at:

[email protected]

Thanks. I may not repond until Monday, playing with a Bobcat building another bird flight pen this weekend :D