The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone seen Silent Hill yet?

Mike

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, surprising it was really good.. like a mixture of 'The Others', 'Don't Look Now' and 'Hellraiser'..

Blatantly 'in game' look and feel (lots of white fog), really tense, and the craziest story ever.. and just goes too far at every turn... and if you can forgive Sean Bean for 'the worst' yank accent, it's not a bad movie.. thumbs up.. but more weird than scary.. ;)

Watched it at the weekend, was very scary!!!!!!! theres only a few films that i put into the catorgory of truely scary, i.e, not just making you jump out of your skin like scream, and silent hill was one of them. thumbs up for that altough the ending was so cr*p!!!!! what was goin on?!?!

Watched it the other night, thought it was pretty good. I've only played the first game, and years ago at that, that scared the crap out of me (I remember one bit where you went into a locker room in the school and one of the doors it rattling like something's inside trying to get out, really didn't want to open it!). There was quite a lot of bits in the film that I remembered from the game, also did anyone recongise the PS2 boot up sound in the music at the beginning? Thought that was a nice touch.

...and a bit bloody graphic for a 15 wasn't it? The people burning and getting ripped apart by barbed wire was like something out of Hellraiser. I think the censor fell asleep, woke up when it was finished and thought oh it's a computer game lets just give it a 15.... or the studio bribed em as they needed all the 15 year old playstation kids to go watch it. What's next? Texas Chainsaw Massacer 3 (PG)?

edit: agree, crap ending, but then presumably they'll be doing films of the others.

I agree about the 15 rating... WTF? :conf: Was blatently 18 material especially the last few scenes. Probably got away with it because it was "surreal" and didn't encourage people to go out and kill each other but still.... there were a couple of borderline "15" year olds being marched out of the cinema by their parents half way through :D

Yeah 15 rating!! sking getting torn off?!?! Mad,

Dont get me started on resi evil 4!!!!!!!!!!! wow i love that game to bits!!!!!!!!

That games in my top 3 best games ever

- Goldeneye

- Donkey Kong country 1/2

- Resi 4

(no particular order tho!!)

It's funny how games bring you in so much! The fact that you're actually scared to go into a dark room, you hear the noises that you KNOW what they are so you don't want to carry on along that particular corridor - it's a game FFS!!!!

Not that I'm preaching cos I'm the same!! First resi evil game I remember the first time you see a licker run past the window, then you have to go through the door in the same direction - I considered going back into the police station just so I wouldn't need to!!

watched doom last night .... what a pile of SHITE........

yeah we started that one last week and put it off after 10 minutes... I like my cheesy film (Res Evil etc.), but that was rubbish... wondered why it went 'straight to video'... :blink:

It's funny how games bring you in so much! The fact that you're actually scared to go into a dark room, you hear the noises that you KNOW what they are so you don't want to carry on along that particular corridor - it's a game FFS!!!!

Not that I'm preaching cos I'm the same!! First resi evil game I remember the first time you see a licker run past the window, then you have to go through the door in the same direction - I considered going back into the police station just so I wouldn't need to!!

horror survival rocks!! :D

Yeah he's good at 'action' obviously being as fit as he is but he's not exactly the best actor in the world!

No but no one does it like the rock! Without trying to sounds too cheesy, there is only one rock!! who else could make raising any eyebrow cool! :p

Went to see this last night with James. I was very scared :hide: [for the most part anyway]. Without giving anything away, once the explanations came about which set to explain what was actually happening it wasn't that scary, but sort of ruined it in some ways - IMO. Still had to sleep with the downstairs light on. :whistle:

Worth a watch though. :clap: