The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone seen Silent Hill yet?

Mike

Just following on from the 'Nightwatch' thread... anyone seen Silent Hill yet? :)

I'm a massive fan of the games, and the film looks like they captured the mood perfectly... I even bought (the hugely overpriced and wafer thin horror magazine) 'Shivers' last week to see the shots of it... looks ace..

a huge man with a cone on his head chasing after you..arrrggghhh! :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only really played the first game - to the end. Loved it!

you should buy the second one -give the others a miss...;)

Charlotte got herself in a 'right state' over some of it... very amusing! :D

I keep threatening to lend it to her little brother... it'll probably give him nightmares till he's twenty! :sly:

i was like that when playing dungeon master on the atari st..... that mummy thing scared the cwap out of me ... then again - i was only 7

you were 7 when the Atari ST was out? I'd ditched my Spectrum and discovered girls by then... how old do I feel?!

you were 7 when the Atari ST was out? I'd ditched my Spectrum and discovered girls by then... how old do I feel?!

it was a lot older by the time i got it... but i didnt find out what a girl was till i was 10 :( .... was like throwing a shark at a seahorse :cry: ....

Yourrrre misssinggg all the funnnnnn.....

That sends a chill down my spine.

I think that game gave me more memorable moments than any other game I've played.

The psychic monkey things! Arrgh.

Running around in a huge cargo bay trying to avoid the zombies dudes all the while hoping that I'd find some ammo.... and then not finding any ammo. Ba*tard game designers.

Many more too but the phone is ringing!

should be watching it tonight. hope it is as scary as the game.... that was well weird, running through the fog and then being tw@tted by a thing :D

watched american haunting last week, that wasnt too bad. but then again wasnt a classic either :)

That sends a chill down my spine.

I think that game gave me more memorable moments than any other game I've played.

The psychic monkey things! Arrgh.

Running around in a huge cargo bay trying to avoid the zombies dudes all the while hoping that I'd find some ammo.... and then not finding any ammo. Ba*tard game designers.

Many more too but the phone is ringing!

Piling round a corner to see a psychic echo. Listening to the autopsy recording on a log file. Standing in front of a dark cargo bay and really genuinely not wanting to go in... Searching an egg pod and finding those buzzy bastard flies in it... Hearing doors go in the distance - behind you.

One of the best games ever, and it's still soooo good today. Roll on Bio Shock. It plays co-op as well, something sorely missing in so many games today. in fact, one of my best co-op memories of System Shock II was in Medical, in a cabin, listening to the staff nurse's logfile where she discovers the prototype design for the robot midwife, and finds that the DNA is hers... The door behind you opens when the log file finishes playing. I thought it was my mate coming in so turned (ingame) while saying "wow, did you hear WHAAAAARGH" as the robot midwife took my face off. Knees hit the desk, mouse went flying. Absolutely shat :D

See attached, just for you :)

-Ian

Just got back from watching it.

I won't give away the plot, it is a tad confusing in parts, unless you've played the game (which the film is a good homage to).

I couldn't believe it was a 15 though. There are some bits of it that there is no way I'd let a 15yr old child watch (as we all know 12 yr olds watch 15s).