The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what happened to?

JamieP

I removed it. A thread requesting people to take photo's of their cars outside their house (even if done innocently by the thread creator) could prove a gold mine to anyone who is looking to steal Supras to order.

I would recommend that no one posts pictures of their cars where the location can be easily identified. One reason for changing the location field in your profiles from free text to fixed locations was to prevent people being too specific about where they are and where their Supra can be found.

Apologies to the original thread creator for not informing them I'd removed the thread but I've been busy. Anyway, to reiterate, it was done to prevent anyone from using the information for illegal purposes and I am not inferring the original thread creator had an illegal intentions.

could it not be moved to the members section then?
The problem is someone looking to steal a Supra to order would have little objections to paying £10 to gain access to the members only forum.

Please don't let this stop you posting up pictures of your cars. That's what the multimedia section and the members garage is for. But as said above, make sure they are not in locations that could be easily identified and, as a lot of people do already, masking the number plate is also a good idea.

The problem is someone looking to steal a Supra to order would have little objections to paying £10 to gain access to the members only forum.

Please don't let this stop you posting up pictures of your cars. That's what the multimedia section and the members garage is for. But as said above, make sure they are not in locations that could be easily identified and, as a lot of people do already, masking the number plate is also a good idea.

ok thanks mawby : note to self, need to learn how to mask number plate:)

T'internet/Autotrader gives you all the access you could ever need to steal to order though doesn't it?
Maybe, but that doesn't mean we should be blasé about it does it? I also bet we have a lot more members with nice Supras than there will ever be for sale on Auto Trader. Last time I looked on Auto Trader (a couple of weeks ago) 90% of the Supras were silver.

Like I said, posting photos if fine, but a thread which specifically asks for photos of your cars right outside your house is just asking for trouble. Why do they need to be outside your house? Why not somewhere more picturesque like a park, beach or forest? They'd make much better photos if they were somewhere nice and scenic.