The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EGT gauge

JamieP

Yeah, will do. That makes me feel happier knowing the car aint gonna blow up on the m5! The car was doing about 85-90 leptons on average at 3000 revs and hitting 12-1300 on the egt. Does that sound about right?

Will have to try a conversion of F to C to compare with Jamie :) OK - just done that 1200 is 648.9 oC 1300 is 704.4 oC. I was told Friday that the pistons are made of aluminium and the melting point for these is 660 oC, does anyone know if thats right cus if thats the case and my dials are right, I shouldnt have any pistons left, nor Jamie !!!!! I guess it depends where the sensor is though eh?

From whats been said here, 900-950 celcius is the max you want to see. But this dependant on where your temp is measured. Lets assume that your reading is from further away than ideal and so your max should be lower say the 1200-1300 Fahrenheit to be safe.

How about you just drive it like it was a mondeo or something and stick rigidly to the speed limits, and do everything smoothly until you get it to the people in the know. If you drive it like that then unless you have a serious fueling issue your egt's cannot get possibly get too high to do any damage.

Scooter - I used to drive a Mondeo, so please dont insult me . . . not thrashing the car, just driving it as anyone would on the motorway, dont think that all supra drivers are twats when they get behind the wheel, and my supe certainly isnt a penis extension unlike for some!!!!

I think after spending quite a lot of money on the car in the first place, I'm not gonna go out and do anything to wreck it in any way. Why do you think I'm sharing my concerns with people who might know or understand what is going on. Just need to know that everything is ok to take it the 200 mile or so further to get it looked at properly.

Matt, yep, car belonged to leon Brittan. Do you know of it or him?

i did a search and cant find much

started looking at this last couple of days and im getting a max reading of about 700deg after a fast run, is that about right?

jamie dont you have a fjo wideband.seem they are of more use than a EGT gauge. most i ever had on stock turbos was 1050 degrees on jap stock fuel pump.since having the walbro fitted the temps have come down loads.i originally had mine fit in downpipe after turbos.got told its wrong so had it re fitted in runners by cw.

ian do you have a pic of yours on bl manifold

jamie dont you have a fjo wideband.seem they are of more use than a EGT gauge. most i ever had on stock turbos was 1050 degrees on jap stock fuel pump.since having the walbro fitted the temps have come down loads.i originally had mine fit in downpipe after turbos.got told its wrong so had it re fitted in runners by cw.

ian do you have a pic of yours on bl manifold

no i dont have a one but i think ill get one, my probe is fitted before the turbo, right where it bolts to the manifold:)