The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Arial

cg084

Hi,

Once again another problem. The electric ariel does not appear to work on my fab car. I do not hear the motor running when the stereo goes on and can only assume that it is buggered or the signal wire is broken. Without a wiring diagram i need to know which colours of wire are the posotive and negative.

Any help appreciated.

I just had my dash off, swapping round stereos this weekend! I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working until I finally figured out that I had to actually plug the little grey plug into the brown/red 'Antenna Relay' box ontop of the stereo bracket before it would work! D'uh! First thing I would do is make sure that is plugged in! :)

Another thing I learned from reading posts on here is that the rear window also contains an aerial. There is a slightly smaller than standard aerial cable behind the stereo for that. It may be that the main aerial has been disconnected, and the in-screen one is being used instead?

The problem that I now have is that the aerial goes up as soon as I turn the headunit on (be it CD, DAB or Tuner) :mad: . The old double-din Jap unit only put the aerial up when 'Tuner' was selected. It went down when I swapped to 'CD' or 'TAPE' which was kewl.

Cheers, J :cool:

I replaced my aftermarket Kenwood my car came over with with a Sony CDX-MP80. I also got the Autoleads adapters, plugged em in, into the sony and used the big aerial lead.

Now the aerial comes up when you switch to radio and down again when you go back to CD - and up again if you set TA to on :D Must depend on the HU........

I think my next move is to look at the stereo. I have not looked at the fittings to remove that part of the dash but i do not want to try until i am sure of where they all are.

I am very happy with the ICE that is there a Kenwood MD CD player with surround sound. Bonus for me.

Cheers.