The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AA membership a waste of money?

hogmaw

We have a friend who called the AA out to his Nissan Pulsar, and it needed towing back as he had 2 flat tyres. The AA advised him that he would have to pay £235 + vat to be towed back home 30 miles away.

Needless to say that he told them to get stuffed and used a breakdown company from his home town, who only charged him £100 for the 60 mile round trip.

Has no-one else been charged when the AA or RAC has towed them?

I'm with the RAC through Club Toyota (much cheaper!) and haven't used it for a breakdown in 3 years - however I did use them to pick the car up after the old git crashed into me, it was worth it for that alone and as has been said it's nice to know it's there....

• 3 months later...
I'm with the RAC through Club Toyota (much cheaper!) and haven't used it for a breakdown in 3 years - however I did use them to pick the car up after the old git crashed into me, it was worth it for that alone and as has been said it's nice to know it's there....

Worth knowing that:)

How much is club toyota membership and how much discount do you get for RAC?

anyone remember the details of their cover...?

how much, whats included...?

Pretty sure it is around the £50 mark and covers all the things you mentioned.

I phoned up a couple of weeks about it but as we have 2 seperate policys with them we would have had to take 2 out, found out that taking a joint breakdown policy with the AA was cheaper.

But if we just had the one car, defo would have taken the Sky option, good deal:)

I've used them a few times :shrug: I wouldn't be without it.

It's not just the free recovery, it's also the lack of stress. I'd like to see you remember the name of a local breakdown place that does 24hr callout when you are on the M25 at 3am.

-Ian

We have a friend who called the AA out to his Nissan Pulsar, and it needed towing back as he had 2 flat tyres. The AA advised him that he would have to pay £235 + vat to be towed back home 30 miles away.

Needless to say that he told them to get stuffed and used a breakdown company from his home town, who only charged him £100 for the 60 mile round trip.

Has no-one else been charged when the AA or RAC has towed them?

I think the AA are starting to put in the odd small print ( to save shareholders money) one of which is they will charge to if you are in a RTA, before they would trailer your car home, but now they will charge you to take you home if you have had a prang, also i have heard they want to charge if the breakdown is due to wear and tear, ie a old fan belt going etc, The AA were good untill they were sold off, now shareholders are involved, i think they have gone down hill