The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AA membership a waste of money?

hogmaw

I was chatting to my neighbour and she has spent £80 a year for 10 years for AA membership. That's £800, and she has not used em once! I think she is daft and I have never had AA membership in 20 years driving saving me £1600. Toyotas don't break down - do they?

Break down? Mine hasnt started for over a week now ffs grr!!

Have called them out twice to the supe before but never needed a towing. My intermitant fault used to dispappear by the time they got to me and the car would start.

Another thing that makes me laugh about them though is when they use their magic spray with afew squirts over the engine :haha:

Will not be re-newing my membership this august.

im on RAC, you think its a waste until you need it.

So far they have got me off the M25, at 4am in fog! (Fiat Panda)

Recoverd the car after the suspension collapsed (MGF)

Got me and my dad home after my dads diff' seized (MG RV8)

And got my car started when I stupidly left the battery to drain, and then fried my jump leads (MGF)

£1600 small price? I like living on the edge ;)

I agree its a lot. But if you break down somewhere in the middle of the night, and its freezing cold, you're going to wish you paid. :D You can add it to your insurance now anyway I believe, so its sort of like you're not really having to pay it. :D

I didn't use it at all last year, but have had to call the RAC out 4 times since last july.

I am way too tight to pay £80 a year for something I doubt I will ever need. And if it does comes to it, I will pay the £300 for a tow, and I will still be in the black

True, but your car is not as young as it used to be, there is no way in telling when something is going to bang. For piece of mind I think its worth it. :p

If you're a good driver you won't ever need comprehensive insurance, but I wouldn't mind betting you've got it.

We've got RAC cover, its £160 Europewide breakdown and recovery, it covers me and Melanie in whatever vehicle we're in (including the motorhome)

Whats that, 2.5 tanks of petrol in the Supra?

Over the past 2.5 years I have had to have the Supra (the old ones not the latest) towed from:

Maidenhead to Oxford - Broken cam belt

Bristol to Oxford - Faulty ignitor box

Brecon to Oxford - Blown front oil seal

Also during that time I have had 2 breakdowns in a Daewoo that needed towing too.

VFM as far as I am concerned :)

AA rescued me when my rear tyre exploded on by western super mare at 1am.. Took the chap 5 hours to get me home :-).. He said it would of cost me something like £600 to get back if i didn't have AA cover - not too sure about that.. but i was happy as it saved me money on petrol..

Oh, and they had to help me out the other day because of a self inflicted flat batt... i left my lights on.