The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grand National

monkey76364

Barbaric my arse race horses are treated like kings and queens.

so horses dying and jockeys dying is not barbaric? not all horses a treated well that are raced, horses are very intelligent animals but are still dumb enough to be trained to obey and its a shame its only my opinion

so horses dying and jockeys dying is not barbaric?
It is sad to hear of the horses dying but i think to call it a barbaric sport is taking it slightly too far.

only my opinion
Thats fair enough everyones entitled to there opinion.

not all horses a treated well that are raced

I feel they are, have you seen the condition they are in, they certainly wont risk racing a horse thats not fit enough, now that would be barbaric.

horses are very intelligent animals but are still dumb enough to be trained to obey
again they are obviously trained but if a horse doesnt want to jump it wont, its funny how horses that have unseated their riders early in the race decide to still carry on running/jumping, to me seems like the horse is enjoying itself, what about banning show jumping, is that barbaric?.

Having defended horse racing id still have some compasion it is sad to see horse dying and believe idealy it should be modified slightly to minimise the risk to both horse and jockey by lowering the fences or watering the ground. Just my opinion of course. :p

imo i think any sport that involves possible cruelty to animals, just dont agree in it

I was just thinking of other sports that involve animals and wondered if you considered them cruel too:

Greyhound Racing

Pidgeon Racing

any sport CJ, i really am that passionate about it, but if people that like it well thats them for that and i wont dislike them for it or anything for it, i aint one of those damn activists that go a bit ott

as for pigeon racing my nieghbour who is a wanker keeps pigeons and they are locked up 24/7 unless they race

greyhound i used to go to this and the dogs love it, but whats cruel to thme is the arsehole of the owner that might take a loss a bit to personal and take it out on the dog, also you see it in the tabloids a lot and rspc etc that when greyhounds reach the end of there racing life then some are disposed off and i dont mean given to a retirement home to be rehoused

fox hunting is shockingly bad, i would love to get hold of one of those red coat bastards coat him in blood and set the hounds on him/her to see if they like getting torn to pieces, i know its not a sport but can be seen as one

Well no i dont agree with cruelty to animals at all i just think there's risks involved in all areas of life and sport, unfortunately as well as in horse racing. I dont think they are treated cruely tho its just an unfortunate occurence. It could be argued boxing is cruel to. Maybe they should adapt the grand national i think lowering the numbers raced would help but then it wouldnt be the spectacle it is without the numbers.

fox hunting is shockingly bad, i would love to get hold of one of those red coat bastards coat him in blood and set the hounds on him/her to see if they like getting torn to pieces, i know its not a sport but can be seen as one

never bin a sport has it, now that is cruelty to animals.

Well no i dont agree with cruelty to animals at all i just think there's risks involved in all areas of life and sport, unfortunately as well as in horse racing. I dont think they are treated cruely tho its just an unfortunate occurence. It could be argued boxing is cruel to. Maybe they should adapt the grand national i think lowering the numbers raced would help but then it wouldnt be the spectacle it is without the numbers.

i do agree with you, its just the ones that dont look after them thats sad

Racehorses enjoy every second of it because that is what they are bred and trained to do. In the wild if the herd gallops, they all do so that is why they follow even when the rider has fallen.

What I don't like about horse racing is the fact that they are run as 2 and 3 year olds (flat is worse) and a horse doens't finish growing/developing until 6 years. Therefore they are totally buggered by the time they hit 10 on. I know so many ex-racehorses that at 15 are riddled with arthiritus, cold backed, stiff and so on.

And totally insane of course- pumped full of high energy food all day.