The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Needed: Your driving horror stories!

Scoboblio

Guest Garfy

My first car was a Mini, which I bought for £100 8 months before I passed my test, I used them 8 months to fully restore it cutting out any rust (there was allot of it) and replacing with new metal, and fitting a original cooper engine, the car looked great, I was working at a car garage at the time but always wanted to get into electronic's, A job came up and I went for the interview, now the car had a strange problem, if you left it for about an hour it wouldn't start no mater what, imagine how embarasing it was to go for an interview, telling them that you are a mechanic, interview goes well but guess how long the interview lasted for, yep 1 hour, had to go back in and ask for a push.

Well I got the job, but on the weekend before I went out with a mate to get some beer on a very wet night, I overtook some cars, my mate says "do you think they are going slow because of the weather" "you don't worry about that in a Mini mate" I reply, next thing I know i've hit a massive puddle the car has mounted the path, I am blinded by the mass of water on the windscreen, the wipers clear it just in time for me to see us heading straight for a Lampost, I turn to the right but it hits us on the passenger door and travels all the way down the side of the car only stopping when it hits the rear wheel, which then sends us back in to the road, where we do a 180 degree spin, mount the kerb again and come to a stop facing the wrong way but parked perfectly in line with the kerb, to make matters worse all the cars we had over taken had stoped, and when my mate kicks open his door all the cans of bear we had just bought rattled out onto the road, you can guess what every one thought.

A few years later I had gotten myself a E30 shape BMW 316, on a dual carriageway I start overtaking a Mk2 Golf GTi 16v but he is having none of it and puts his foot down, he is faster than me but looses it on a round about an hits the central resevation, I give him a wave as I drive past.

A year or so later I get myself an E30 BMW 323i, I pull out onto a clear 30 mph Limit dual carriageway, I look in my mirror and see a E36 M3 right on my arse so I pull into the next lane to let him past, he is so busy giving me the evils that he doesn't notice the que of traffic waiting at the lights and accelerates into the back of a Citreon AX, I give him a wave as I drive past.

With my first car, Fiat Panda, i drove all the way home from college with the handbrake on once, about 12 miles! went straight to my dad and said something was wrong with it because it wasnt pulling away as fast as it usually did! (0-60 in about 2 miles!)

He called me a fool!

As a 17yr old and the proud owner of a Ford Anglia, on day I tried to park my car next to a granite wall, I didnt get it right and ripped the passenger side front wing off. Then I paniced. I reversed in a turning circle, put the car straight and drove up to my wing which was on the floor and caught the other wing on the same wall. Boy did I feel sick.

As a 17yr old and the proud owner of a Ford Anglia, on day I tried to park my car next to a granite wall, I didnt get it right and ripped the passenger side front wing off. Then I paniced. I reversed in a turning circle, put the car straight and drove up to my wing which was on the floor and caught the other wing on the same wall. Boy did I feel sick.

I know that must've been a very bad experience for you, but I nearly spat my cornflakes over my keyboard :D

My first parking attempt within a tight space was not 110% non-contact either:taped: