The mkiv Supra Owners Club

B'Have's Fields Harness

Ian C

Sexy :D

The two spare connectors are for his RLTC (left hand side) and Apexi AVCr (in amongs the rest, labelled SPD TPS and IGF)

I wanna put it in my own car now :cry:

-Ian

PS he's paying me ludicrous amounts of money for this before anyone else asks me to do them one ;)

Charlie FH 1.jpg

Charlie FH 2.jpg

Ian, did you make the harness ? If so where do you get the Toyota plugs from ?

If not - ignore this post :D

Mike

Nope, the two toyota plugs and the wires between them is a field's harness. I just cut or tapped into the wires with my own short loom and plugs, put the other end of the plugs on the E-Manage harness, and now should Charlie need to pull the fields harness or the E-Manage or whatever for any reason, each individual bit can be unplugged without pulling anything else out. It's more short term work but long term it's better - if he wants to solder in anything else, it takes seconds to take the FH out and everything else like the E-manage and it's loom and the AVCr and the RLTC stays exactly where it is :)

-Ian

Sexy :D

The two spare connectors are for his RLTC (left hand side) and Apexi AVCr (in amongs the rest, labelled SPD TPS and IGF)

I wanna put it in my own car now :cry:

-Ian

PS he's paying me ludicrous amounts of money for this before anyone else asks me to do them one ;)

That reminds me - I must get some military aircraft connectors... ;)

Very nice Ian.

I still can't quite justify the cost of one though.

However, I do have an ECU that's kicking about. Maybe I can open it up and rape the connector of it somehow? Then all I'll need is the male end. Maybe I can get that off a breaker? Hmmmmm - got me thinking now!

• 4 weeks later...
Nope, the two toyota plugs and the wires between them is a field's harness. I just cut or tapped into the wires with my own short loom and plugs, put the other end of the plugs on the E-Manage harness, and now should Charlie need to pull the fields harness or the E-Manage or whatever for any reason, each individual bit can be unplugged without pulling anything else out. It's more short term work but long term it's better - if he wants to solder in anything else, it takes seconds to take the FH out and everything else like the E-manage and it's loom and the AVCr and the RLTC stays exactly where it is :)

-Ian

I'll second that!

I did my fields harness the same way and a couple of weeks ago had to do some fault finding. This involved taking one item 'out of the loop' at a time. Suffering the pain when putting the whole thing together last year was certainly worth it. I can now remove the RLTC (or anything else, for that matter) and rejoin the loom again in seconds.

Well worth it!