heckler

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Jake

Which one is that Dude? Phil's one had the 90 degree angled bends coming out of the IC, his is the HKS Type R isn't it?

thats my car Jake , Phils is our own too but in his own holder (gives the old boy something to do at night , designing things ) same size as the HKS type R 600x300x85mm , with turbolator fins on the inside.

dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

thats my car Jake , Phils is our own too but in his own holder (gives the old boy something to do at night , designing things ) same size as the HKS type R 600x300x85mm , with turbolator fins on the inside.

Yes I realised the pics were of your car, I was comparing it to Phil's car and FMIC because I saw Phil's without the bumper on at your place, and it looks very different. So what model/make is yours? Which is best? Or are you saying they are the same one? They look very different to me, but then I don't know WTF I'm on about

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

then had to pay import duty of 2% not 5-10%

Depends what you are buying and also who is on duty at the customs when it gets here - whether they class it at the highest rate or lowest rate.

Also the rate at which customs is charged is based on a % of the original curency - ie $ or yen - and they use a std charge that is applicable for a period and may bear no relation at all to the current rate! This could be up to 10/15% against or even in your favour!

As you say - you pays ya money and ya takes ya chance.

But it will never be much (if any) savings from over here - and can you be arsed?

Is it in stock - how long to get it - do they use air or ground (piggin' months!) Is it insured - do you have tracking etc etc?

:eek:

Jake BTW put your photos on disc PM your address and ill send em to ya

Thanks mate, will do. Have you still got those wheels? I might have them after all. How much were they? I could get my mate to collect them again, he's down there all the time, knocking off some bird in Seaford.

Wheels still available , as is i take it ???????, let me know if you want em as paul has one we had to use as a spare

Yeah, 'as is' will have to do. They were £240 right? Let me know when all 4 are there and I'll give the £ to my mate to give you when he collects them.

I can recommend the C/W intercooler, it comes highly recommended with a big saving over the standard Toyota replacement IC, he offers a great service and is an all round nice bloke to boot who cares about his customers and the work he carries out. Give him a call to discuss your requirements.

If you plan on doing trackdays then a FMIC without a rad panel and uprated rad could give you issues, as far as I am aware this has only been noticed on track were you are constantly hammering it :cool:

As for hardpipes I believe hayward and scott will make a set which shouldn`t be too expensive and also pace products.

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Paul E

Y158000=

Rate of exchange £877.75 (you will be lucky to get more than 180 - if that from your bank)

Bank TT transfer charge £20.00

Customs Clearance £25.00

Airline Charge / Packing £25.00

Differrment £25.00

Delivery from airport (if not included) £25.00

Import Tax 5-10%

Vat 17.5% on the lot

Min £1200/£1250

:eek: :(

Takakaira take credit cards, so there's no transfer charges, and you get the bulk exchange rate, which is much better than the rate you'd pay if you were wiring money around. That delivery charge was door to door, including customs clearance, by air, with insurance and tracking. The HM customs site is bloody confusing, but I think intercoolers are either 3.5% or 4.5%, which makes it around £1050.

Probably going to be next year before I buy one anyway, so slightly longer delivery time isn't a problem for me, and in any case if I ordered one from a supplier here they'd have to ship them from Japan anyway. I haven't decided yet, if there's not much in it I'll buy from a supplier here, but the Envy website has them at £1142.

Paul - got any more details for your FMIC? Size, pressure drop, etc?

Simon,

Takakaira charge 3% I think for credit cards... Might want to check, it was the case when I bought from them many moons ago.

Duty for any car part is at least 5%.

Regards,

Gaz.

Originally posted by SimonB

Takakaira take credit cards, so there's no transfer charges, and you get the bulk exchange rate, which is much better than the rate you'd pay if you were wiring money around. That delivery charge was door to door, including customs clearance, by air, with insurance and tracking. The HM customs site is bloody confusing, but I think intercoolers are either 3.5% or 4.5%, which makes it around £1050.

Probably going to be next year before I buy one anyway, so slightly longer delivery time isn't a problem for me, and in any case if I ordered one from a supplier here they'd have to ship them from Japan anyway. I haven't decided yet, if there's not much in it I'll buy from a supplier here, but the Envy website has them at £1142.

Originally posted by SimonB

Size - same as the HKS type R 600x300x85mm , with turbolator fins on the inside.

Spec 16 fins per inch (F1=21/22 std=12/13)

Company thats does them makes I/C's for a formula one team beginning with 'J' (cant say more!!) LOL!

Trying to get a old stock one so that they can do a test against both to check it out (unfortunately most old ones are nearly shagged!)

:thumbs:

Ok so other than the hks, blitz and apexi intercoolers that we can get hold of, who else makes fmic's. Can you give us a rough idea of size, cost, temp and pressure drops at a certain pressure etc: I think there may well be a fair market amongst us owners for cheaper (no name) fmic's.

Paul E 600x300x85mm

Dude 600x300x85mm

?

?

?

Originally posted by Paul E

Company thats does them makes I/C's for a formula one team beginning with 'J' (cant say more!!) LOL!

:conf: For the non turbocharged F1 car? Whassat all about then? :conf:

Gaz - good point, I'd forgotten about that 3%. For info, I tried to find out what exchange rate the credit card co. use, but this is far too complicated a question for the call center bod I asked!:stupid: I worked it out though, the current rate is approx 177.30 I think, plus 2.75% commision, so 158000 = £915. Of course the other factor in all this is that they *ahem* accidentally get the value a bit wrong on the declaration so you pay less VAT and import duty...:)

Ho hum, decisions decisions...