The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buggered up 2nd Turbo!

osso

Hi guys,

I spoke to motormall (newera's agents) this afternoon to see if they have made any progress finding out what the problem is with my Supra, they told me that the 1st turbo was only boosting up to around 0.5 bar, and the second turbo wasnt working at all.

They told me that they have spoken to fensport and they said that there was probably no point in taking off the cat because it gets soo hot in there, and whatever's left of the blades would have melted with the heat, so they will strip down the turbo's instead.

I rang back about an hour later and apparently the 2nd turbo was up the shoot, and there were blades in the cat. mind you that would kinda explain a slight rattle when pulling away.. would it be possible to hear the blades rattle about in the cat?

Looks like i will be getting my second turbo replaced! shame they wont be hybrids..

Originally posted by osso

Looks like i will be getting my second turbo replaced! shame they wont be hybrids..

Well at least you now know what it was m8 - and basically your machine is pristine so can only have been a duff turbo!

Ask them if you can get them done (rather than them!) and sneak in the extra power!! Especially if you find out what it will cost them?

:p :thumbs:

As much as i'd like a set of Hybrids, i also want to decat my supra, buy an aftermarket exhaust, Im thinking about going HKS Hiper racing Ti :eek: hope its not too loud for the UK roads lol.. at the same time i would like to buy some defi's gauges, eventually I will also upgrade the induction..

I can think of other mods i should buy before upgrading the turbo.. remember, my supra is completely standard at the moment.

I think the fuel injection, fuel pump and intercooler should be upgraded before i even consider a new turbo, unfortunately i simply can not afford to buy everything at once, afterall i've not had my supra long.

I do have long term plans for my supra, and eventually i would like to hit around 500 600 bhp and keep the supra somewhat drivable for everyday use!

it'll be a few years before i reach this goal cuz i also want a bigger house!! :innocent:

How are you getting on with your Hybrids at the moment Paul? I assume you've made your mind up? or are ya going Single now

:twak: lol

Going Hybrids Stage 3 m8 - we are selling them now! (£1500+vodka)

Beautiful pieces of kit - I swear - if these were women it would be like Kylie and Shania rolled into one! Sluuuurp!

Dude is fitting them end of next week together with some other bits n pieces (UK injectors / resistor pack / pump / cam belt / cam gears / FP dampener etc) - I cant wait!

Then up to Matts for some more stuff!

I look upon every event as an opportunity - and this one is to get loads done!

:p :thumbs:

lol you tart, Kylie and Shania are getting on a bit now you know :p let me know when you get a pair equivalent to Holly Valance and Christina Aguilera! :sex:

Would you have any idea how much power the Hybrids Stage 3 are capable of handling? I assume that they will be using steel blades?

There are a few pics on the net with a White Supra with some girls sitting on the roof, doesnt happen to be your supra does it? I think the pics were taken outside sextons come to think of it!!