The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you like this? DCX-Infinity

THOR Racing

A long time ago I developed my own range of boost controllers and fuel computers but never quite made it into production.

I'm now trying to get Government DTi funding to help complete this, but I need your help.

Can anyone who likes this idea of this product please email me at [email protected] and let me know that "Yes, I'd buy a DCX system if it was ever finsihed and retailed"

The details are here.....

TRL DCX-Infinity system

It's a Palm PDA based boost controller etc etc

and more here...

Palm PDA DCX Demo to download... try it...

Thanks

Pete

Looks good to me - I would probably have bought one if it was available as a product right now!

Definately an 'upgrade' for the future though if you go ahead Pete.

I might be wrong here (I'm not all that technical!) but it seems to me that upgradeability and fututre proofing are potential benefits of your system - you'd have to be an idiot not to want that!

Jezza

Thanksfor all your emails and kind responses. Lets hope it works and I can get cracking on it.

As for platforms , it'll be available first on PalmOS 4.0 then Pocket PC (WinCE) and general Win32 PC apps as well.

The platforms depend on the take up of other plaforms, but the general philosophy is not to use the native routines on the particular processor but write generic ANSI C which we can port. So far we have the same stuff running on three platforms (including windows demos) without problem.

Price wise, I suspect that for a function it'll be no more expensive than current Apexi and HKS stuff etc.

BUT as you've seen you get vastly more benefits.

Oh and yes an S-Video type output is also planned.

Basically you choose which communications method you want to your device IrDA or Bluetooth (no wires for me Sir)

and then which GUI medium; Palm, Pocket PC, Laptop etc

then you can also buy a TV adaptor to give S-Video and we also have one that will speak to you to tell you whats going on.

I've shed loads of stuff designed and under lock and key.

Probably the first units would be simple O2 monitors, Wideband O2 and Knock Detectors. Later months will be boost controllers and fuel computers.

The list goes on.

Fingers crossed :)

Regards

Pete