The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clinical trials go wrong

Supragal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have your health then what do you have?

They began tearing their shirts off complaining of fever, then some screamed out that their heads felt like they were going to explode.

I suppose we should thank these people for being guinea pigs, but I think they're mental for doing it.

Goes to show the misplaced trust we have in drugs.

Well you would imagine that they sign a contract saying they understand that they are 1st human dose. I can't imagine that a drug company get's it wrong, it can't take the risk. They follow everything to the T.

Also just underlines how important animal testing is (for drugs not cosmetics) else this would happen so so so much more.

As an animal lover I'm really pleased that those used to test the drug were absolutely fine yet the humans are exploding - about time the roles were reversed.

I bet the beagles, rats and monkeys are laughing right now.

*takes tablet while wearing leather shoes and eating meat* ;)

I doubt very much if they would be able to sucessfully sue.

They would have to sign a disclaimer at the beginning of the trial and I can guarantee that there would be a wording in there along the lines of

" By taking part in these trials, I understand that there is a risk involved to my health, which could result in death.blah de blah blah".

They would have to prove on a balance of probabilities that there was an element of negligence on the part of the Pharmaceutical company.

Whilst it is tragic, they would have been appraised of the risks before taking part.

I reckon, that they saw it as a way of making a quick buck, hey two grand for taking some pills. And very very rarely things go wrong. They went wrong this time.

I'm an animal lover too. Very much so, but I can't complain because I know that if I was diganosed with Cancer I wouldn't say "no no treatment for me, no, not even any painkillers thank you no" and I have taken paracetamol, I doubt there is anyone that can say they have never taken any medication of any kind ever.

The animals are usually rats, they are purpose bred for it, they are humanely killed. There are acts of animal cruelty in the home that far outweigh anything that happens in a highly regulated Pharma facility.

I reckon, that they saw it as a way of making a quick buck, hey two grand for taking some pills. And very very rarely things go wrong. They went wrong this time.

absolutely. it's so rare, annoys me that the media make such a fuss. it's not like they were held at gun point and forced to take part is it?

I agree they knew there was a risk and must of signed some kind of disclaimer with a remote chance of developing some minor side effects....but Im sure they didn't expect to end up in Intensive Care...I hope they survive...and get a good out of court settlement...

Im buggered if I'd be a human Guinni-pig, if it wasn't for people like them what would the drugs companies do...I have total respect for them...for taking part...Im sure no one expected it to end up like this...I really hope they pull through...