The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apology To Everyone!

jazz1

I still think jazz was treated a tad unfairly
Do you? I think more folks should be banned for posting the unintelligible crap some of them do.

If more members posted the same kind of unreadable rubbish that jazz1 and flat4_ire do this forum would be deserted by most of the adults.

There's no excuse for posting unreadabe, baby talk, text speak. If you've got the attitude of "I can't be arsed to write properly, they'll just have to work it out" then you are an arrogant prick. Everybody who posts in text speak is a prick.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No mate, I'm not angry at all. I'm just tired of trying to work out WTF some of the posts by the txt-spk kiddies is supposed to say.

You can't be surprised if people don't take you seriously when you write like a 12 year old girl texting on her mobile phone.

No mate, I'm not angry at all. I'm just tired of trying to work out WTF some of the posts by the txt-spk kiddies is supposed to say.

You can't be surprised if people don't take you seriously when you write like a 12 year old girl texting on her mobile phone.

Is this a time to resurrect some of your first posts.... there's some text speak in there mate :p

A :thumbs: for the apology.

Just wanna remind you and others that this is supposed to be a 'club' not a place to brag about what you think you may have other others on this forum. But you dont need lectures from me. :)

I'm sure you'll be a decent member. Welcome back.

Do you? I think more folks should be banned for posting the unintelligible crap some of them do.

If more members posted the same kind of unreadable rubbish that jazz1 and flat4_ire do this forum would be deserted by most of the adults.

There's no excuse for posting unreadabe, baby talk, text speak. If you've got the attitude of "I can't be arsed to write properly, they'll just have to work it out" then you are an arrogant prick. Everybody who posts in text speak is a prick.

no ones perfect

i dont think anyone should lecture anyone,

just because someone can speak or write in proper queens english it does not and never will make that person a better or worse.

whats more sad? pointing out spelling mistakes or grammar when no one really cares or writing in text talk? sure we poke fun but thats all it is.

there are millions and millions of people with mobile phones and they probably all text talk does that make them pricks?

sure sometimes it is irritating with text talk, but when people write BPU, IMHO, LOL we must all be pricks. are we?

Apology to everyone and excuse my message i sent to MAWBY as that was the devil tempting me to say those words
Not a problem. The reason I didn't reply to your e-mail was because I guessed you were a little pissed off at the time and just venting some anger. :complain: I hoped you'd calm down:drag:, realise that getting upset over anything posted here really isn't worth it, and come back and join us.

You have, and with an apologie, so :thumbs:

whats more sad? pointing out spelling mistakes or grammar when no one really cares or writing in text talk?
Writing in text talk is. What's your point? Did I mention someone's spelling or grammar? :conf:

there are millions and millions of people with mobile phones and they probably all text talk does that make them pricks?
If they do it here, yes. People don't post here by mobile phone. They have a full keyboard to use. It takes no longer to type "you're" than "ur". Why would you make your posts harder to read?

when people write BPU, IMHO, LOL we must all be pricks. are we?
No, not at all. This is the internet so internet abbreviations are not out of place. This is a car forum so car abbreviations are not out of place.

For example, what the hell does this mean : "same me budy im 20 with jelous idiots and police are the worst to pull u over"?

I get the gist of it but it doesn't really make sense. does it?

sure sometimes it is irritating with text talk, but when people write BPU, IMHO, LOL we must all be pricks. are we?

Obviously it doesn't, but to a certain degree I don't like text speak on the forum either.

When someone writes a text message on a mobile (including me) text speak is used because it's quicker (especially before predictive text came along) and because there is such a limited number of characters you could use in a message. That's not really the case on the forum unless you are accessing via your mobile. It takes very little time to press though extra keys, and there is no limit on the amount of text so that doesn't count either. What text speak does do is completely nacker the search, because even text speakers tend to type proper words into it, yet the search will not match those to any txt words.

If someone feels so strongly against a post which uses text speak in it then the simple solution is to stop reading that post!

Now enough talk about text talk, lets talk about something interesting. Has anyone seen the price of corned beef recently?

I get texts from important business people using txt spk and they are hardly pricks.
I'm not sure what your point is, Tim.

Txt spk is appropriate for text messages. These people wouldn't send you a letter full of text speak, would they?