The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intercooler Chosing

DannoSupra

Hello people. Owned my sup for nearly 4 month now. Fitted a Custom 3" exhaust straight through from the first cat back, btw it's a UK Spec Auto, and an AVC-R Controller. In order to reach the boost desired, do i need to upgrade my stock intake and intercooler? I've had a look at the intercooler and it's starting to deteriorate. What sort of Direct Replacement intercoolers are available, or is it best to go for a front mounted? And i'm aware i need a Fuel Cut Defencer

Many Thanks

Dan

Hello people. Owned my sup for nearly 4 month now. Fitted a Custom 3" exhaust straight through from the first cat back, btw it's a UK Spec Auto, and an AVC-R Controller. In order to reach the boost desired, do i need to upgrade my stock intake and intercooler? I've had a look at the intercooler and it's starting to deteriorate. What sort of Direct Replacement intercoolers are available, or is it best to go for a front mounted? And i'm aware i need a Fuel Cut Defencer

Many Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

I have a special offer on Intercoolers at the moment, see [thread=57778]HERE[/thread], which includes the GReddy side mounted intercooler. If you are intending staying with the stock turbos then I would advise, either the GReddy side mounted IC, HKS S-Type or GReddy 2 row front mounted IC, all these are rated up to around 450hp.

In terms of intake, the stock airbox is the best option, as it offers the best filtration, has 2 cold air feeds and is more than capable of flowing enough air.

Exept for the price what sort of differece is there between the Greddy Side Mounted and the 2-Row Front Mounted? The side mounted, does that Replace the stock? or do i need to modify?

Is it advisable sticking to standard filteration or replace with performance direct replacement

Many Thanks

Exept for the price what sort of differece is there between the Greddy Side Mounted and the 2-Row Front Mounted? The side mounted, does that Replace the stock? or do i need to modify?

Is it advisable sticking to standard filteration or replace with performance direct replacement

Many Thanks

The side mount replaces the stock IC and also replaces all stock rubber IC hoses with metal hard pipes (as does the 2 row front mounted IC).

The side mounted IC is probably the better option, unless you are running big hp, as it offers similar cooling to the 2 row front mounted IC, but without blocking the airflow to the radiator (although this is not a big problem I find). The SMIC also can be fitted without removing the auto spoiler.

If you need to change the filter, you could fit a good quality panel filter inside the stock airbox, I can supply the TRD and TOMS panel filters if needed.