The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP!!! Clifford concept 600 way tooo sensitive!!!

osso

Hi guys,

I just had my alarm fitted today, hope Matt Harwood is around, I had a Clifford 600 and the Omni sensor and glass sensor fitted, and one of the sensors is way too sensitive, I have managed to find a way of disabling the proximity sensor from my fob and the alarm is still going off.

how to you override the Omni sensor and glass sensor? cuz I cant find how to do this via the instruction manual...

if you know how to override the omni sensor or the glass sensor please contact me on 07966 245296 or 01254 385852..

Thanks in advance!!!

James...

I wouldnt have a clue to be honest, but after reading the user manual last night, i read a section about the Smart prior intrustion attempt alert.

Every time the alarm went off last night, i heard 3 chirps when i remotely disarmed the alarm. the manual tells u to count the number of LED flashes when you put the key in the ignition.. i get 3 flashes then a small pause, and another 3 flashes, which indicates that the tilt/motion sensor was activated apparently..

Is this telling me that either motion sensor or the omni sensor was activated? I thought the motion sensor wasnt prone to false alarms cuz it analyses pitch yaw and motion data regardless of condition?

I dont know if this would help, but i parked my car in the drive last night on a slight incline, between a high fence and the house, think it could be the wind setting the omni sensor off?

regards

James

the wind definately sets mine off (300 with tilt and omni sensor added), sometimes heavy rain too or parking under a tree.

apparently the omni sensoron the 600 needs adjusting with a computer and the 300 can be done manually. I can't find mine so it's really starting to p!ss me off.

Perhaps it may be best to take it back to the fitter and see what they suggest?

If you go to the yank clifford site, you can download a much better instruction manual than the one suplied in the UK. Matt did mine, and I read the book - no help - downloaded it from the yank site, and it tells you how to do loads of things without having the cable and software.

Matt, any chance that you can order me one of those cables, think you said that you would have one for me at Pod, but everytime I went to find you, you had dissapeared!

Ben..

My Concept 300 is doing the same kind of thing. It seems to be when I park it too close to a tree in the driveway! 4.00am it went off ... Neighbours loved it! LOL :innocent:

Now, when I lock it, I set it to 'valet mode' (by pressing the 'star' and the 'headlight' button after I have locked it). It hasn't gone off since I have been locking it like that .... but it kinda defeats the object of having the sensor in the first place! From what I saw when the guy was fitting it, most of the electronic 'trickery' was stored in the center console, under the handbrake area?

Cheers, J :cool:

Originally posted by JamesArup

My Concept 300 is doing the same kind of thing. It seems to be when I park it too close to a tree in the driveway! 4.00am it went off ... Neighbours loved it! LOL :innocent:

Now, when I lock it, I set it to 'valet mode' (by pressing the 'star' and the 'headlight' button after I have locked it). It hasn't gone off since I have been locking it like that .... but it kinda defeats the object of having the sensor in the first place! From what I saw when the guy was fitting it, most of the electronic 'trickery' was stored in the center console, under the handbrake area?

Cheers, J :cool:

This just needs the proximity sensor turning down a tad. It is usually fitted under the console. Just lift up the centre and have a look inside. Get a small flat head screwdriver and turn it down, (anticlockwise), but only a little bit, they're very sensitive.

Ben, I've got 3 leads on order, waiting to be delivered to me. I'll let you know when I have some.

Matt,

I meant to have a chat to you at S.Pod but didn't get a chance. My car was the Met Grey facelift with gold wheels and trd spoiler and bonnet. I had a thread a week or so ago about my 300 giving out warning tones in the wind etc and also alarm going off "randomly".

I can only find the "Proximity Sensor III" under the console. I am presuming that i should be looking for my Omni Sensor and adjusting this, but i don't know where to look. Any pointers, also what sort of size/shape etc?

Any idea on cost if i took it to my local Sextons (Gloucester) for them to find and adjust. I just don't know where to look.

Sorry James, I didn't mean to hijack the thread...seems a few people are struggling with this!!

I am absolutely knackered! just drove back home from manchester! Matt, thanks for your help earlier, :respekt:

I left a message on your voice mail i dunno if you got it, but after turning down the glass sensor sensitivity the problem appears to go away!

I can now understand why i was getting 3 pulses on the LED indicating that the motion/tilt sensor was activated since the glass sensor is tapped into the motion/tilt cabling.. I will adjust the sensitivity of the glass sensor tomorrow and see how i get on with it..

Ooops, the Supra justed barked outside at the trees! :innocent:

Glad you've stopped it falsing James. Haven't got the message yet as I left the phone in the car! :stupid:

When adjusting the glass break sensor, it only requires very small movement of the adjuster. On a Supra, I've not needed to turn them up past the 1/4 mark at the most...

They do bark at bushes if they're too close;) This can also be adjusted if required. Send me your E-mail address, and I'll send you over the full instructions.

Dan, I've no idea how much the Gloucester branch would charge, but I wouldn't have thought it would be much. Phone them and ask to speak to Tony Green. He's the owner, a bit abrupt sometimes, but a nice guy.

The sensor you're looking for is small black box, that'll be fixed either by screws or cable ties, to something structural. Usually either the steering colomn or a structrural bar, (like the one behind the dash above the radio).

Hang upside down, under the dash, look upwards whilst hitting the steering wheel. You may see a red led.... You may also look strange! ;)