The mkiv Supra Owners Club

break judder from cold??

black cat

nah its defo something to do with the brakes, only happens when you press the the brakes from cold after 5 mins its gone

yes this spot on, however mine hasnt run for a week and its been very cold

i thought id scrub off the disks. so i went 2 miles with foot on and off brake.

then wen crusing at 30 i had a bumping like there was something catching evry time wheel went round. pulled up. nothing set of a few minutes later

nothing all back to normal.

so then tested my clutch. which is all over the place. dont no if its just the decat spooling things up faster or what, it just seems to rev much quicker.

Someone once told me to use DOT 5 in my car, it's silicone based, wont boil and wont freeze...

give it a couple of weeks, untill the weather warms up, then see how you get on... did it happen straight away after you changed them?

no, its only been happening since this really cold weather. it feels like the wheels are un balanced.:Pling:

iam getting a lot of brake judder when the disks are cold, after they are warm it seems to stop?? any one else get this. ive only just noticed this since its been realy cold.

tt steve

What pads are you using? I get this now i have changed from oem pads to red stuff ceramic could be to do with them being a harder compound and getting possibly a little to hard in this cold weather mine sorts its self out after 5 mins of driving and braking slightly harder than usual to get some heat in to them.

What pads are you using? I get this now i have changed from oem pads to red stuff ceramic could be to do with them being a harder compound and getting possibly a little to hard in this cold weather mine sorts its self out after 5 mins of driving and braking slightly harder than usual to get some heat in to them.

yep, iam running red stuff ceramic pads. and they do need some heat in them before they work really well.

Someone once told me to use DOT 5 in my car, it's silicone based, wont boil and wont freeze...

give it a couple of weeks, untill the weather warms up, then see how you get on... did it happen straight away after you changed them?

really?! i'd heard that silicone based stuff is very, very NOT good. Synthetic yes, silicone based sythetic no although i may well be wrong here.

where's CW or Oilman when you need them? :D

no it wouldnt pete.

any way, i took it out friday night, they juddered for a few miles, then smooth

took it out again lastnight thinking the crap is cleaned off now and they were as bad as ever. :( :( they did go smooth after a few miles but i think there shagged, just like the clutch which is beginning to slip in 3rd now:(

for a split second i thought of getting rid of the fokin thing.....:rolleyes:

and still am. its just not worth it any more. every time i get in it i feel as if its going to brake........:(

tt steve