The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Servicing

Mad Ad

There's Triton Motor Services over this way - bit out of your way though. I've used them for servicing and they fitted my exhaust and cat removal pipe and did a good job pretty cheap.

01202 571564 is their number, they're round the back of Bournemouth airport.

26/03/2003 - 'A' Service, Spark plugs, Cam belt, two front tyres, 4w tracking...

Oil £24.49

Filter £9.83

Drain plug £1.50

Spark Plugs £73.74

Sundries £4.50

Labour £90

Cam belt £28.83

Tyres £113.36

Tracking £35

Labour £75

Merchant Fee £13.40

Total with VAT £549.49

29/07/2003 - 'B' Service, Fit boost guage...

Oil £22.49

Filter £9.83

Drain Plug £1.50

Air Filter £29.53

Fuel filter £25.86

Trans oil £25.49

Diff oil £10.90

Sundries £4.50

Labour 87.50

Aux belt £59.66

Trans batt £4.90

Labour £60

Merchant fee £10.05

Total with VAT £412.09

And let's not forget the ever present 'sundries' charge. I'm never sure what that's all about. Probably the mechanic's sandwiches...

:thumbs:

Even my friendly, family run local garage charges this, and I'm always too embarassed to ask. I like to at least give the impression that I know about cars, even if they've probably seen through my bluff years ago...

Originally posted by MegatronUK

WD40, Carb cleaner, spray grease, copperslip, washers, hoseclips, screenwash fluid top-up etc. Stuff like that.

At least thats what my dad includes in that on customer bills.

That auxilliary belt for £59 sounds expensive though....

No thats the right price from toyota , i prefer Gates belts at under half that and superb quality .:thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by HISUPE

http://www.ggg.co.uk

Digging up an old thread I know, but cheers for this link HISUPE. They are about 3 mins away from work, and they have just done the Supes' first service. Really nice guys, seem to have done everything they said they've done (Standard 3,000 mile 'A Type' service), and ... less than £145 :)

Cheers, J :cool:

p.s. Although I did get a 0.2 litre Micra as a courtesy car :p

Thats great news mate, glad someone tried them :D

I need a few other bits doing like EGT sensor as I'm coming up to my first proper service (1 done by importers, oil change by me etc) so am gonna go elsewhere otherwise I'd have used them myself. (My dad has a corolla that was serviced byt them when they were Toyota in Guildford and sold Supes and imports too etc)

At least I'm happy to go to them for the others though, especially after what you've said :)