The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise Control - stuck at 70mph?

VIL

Guys can anyone help here.

As some of you know i`ve had my sup now for years and to be honest never bothered with the cruise control as its pretty much a waste of time on todays roads.

However, I am now doing more motorway driving at night and having the sup sit at `Ahem` mph would be useful.

Problem I have is that you can set the cruise control below 70 mph, `but if for some reason you wanted to go above this` then it will not accelerate beyond 70!

I guess there is some sort of speed limiter restricting the speed, does anyone know how you get round this?

To be totally honest I dont know now? When I bought the car I was told it was delimited but clearly this was a bit of sales speak!

If you have the same issue and its the limiter that controls the top speed of the cruise control then I guess thats the problem.

Thanks

Yep, as stated, the cruise control is set at factory to operate between 40kph and 110kph. Even when delimited and converted to mph, unless you feed the cruise unit the converted mph signal that goes has been routed to the speedo and ECU, the cruise unit will still be reading a non-converted kph signal.

Feed it the right signal and you're sorted.

:thumbs:

Thanks SkyJawa, thats what i`m looking for. I`m not massively up on the technical stuff, is it easy to do? Do you know of a post anywhere that helps you go through the process?

It was a bit of a pain as I had to remove the dash and stereo, and theres not a huge amount of room in there, but nothing too difficult to be honest! :)