The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another travesty of justice...

Alex

Let's just clear up the confusion that there appears to be here.

"Dangerous Driving" is different in law from "Careless Driving".

Careless is just that. Not necessarily intentional, just careless.

Dangerous is when someone knows their actions are dangerous but carries on regardless. (Like the old offence of 'Reckles' driving)

Causing death by careless driving is not currently a specifically defined offence in law, but causing death by dangerous driving is.

Although in this case a person was killed, the driver can only be prosecuted for careless driving. The consequences of the drivers actions are not part of the offence.

There is no custodial sentence available for careless driving, but one was passed for the offences of failing to stop after the accident. Unfortunatley the maximum sentence is not very long for failing to stop.

Pile of cr@p I kow, but that's the reason for it.

what about manslaughter - involuntary. Could that not have been applied? Or is that a lower sentence?

Imho Twoc and driving without insurance / license, etc should be punished with sentences much much harsher reflecting the fact that a vehicle is a deadly weapon.

Edit:

How can driving without a license not be classed as dangerous? They haven't proven that they are safe drivers in the eyes of the law (or if the license has been revoked surely they have proven they are dangerous), therefore should be classed as dangerous by default.

Mike

What the F**K is this?

Driver Mohammed Hussain, 26, admitted careless driving, having no licence or insurance, failing to stop and failing to report an accident.

What is wrong with this country? If this happened elsewhere they would be hung by their balls and shot.

I believe, I am not racist at all, but this takes the piss. I hope this is not a soft approach to the recent cartoon affair so as not to stir more trouble.

How can the Judges and Government let sentences like this get passed.

I seriously think I need to take my family away from this country sometimes.