The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EManage Harnesses and Extras

terribleturner

OK, so i get the unit, the Support Tool, Ignition Harness. Im gonna need the injection harness too arn't i?? And what about the RPM Signal Adaptor or Ignition Signal Adaptor?? I don't need those do i??

Is there anything else i've over looked?? Will i need a DLI of some sort?? And does the EManage sort out boost cut too?? Or can i just adjust my Thor unit??

If you're talking about the Emanage blue, you need the unit, main harness (which comes with it), ignition harness, injector harness, pressure sensor and pressure sensor harness really. Unless you have a Profec E01 boost controller, in which case you don't need the pressure sensor and harness, but you do need a different pressure sensor harness to connect the Emanage to the E01.

You can either get the Support tool which comes with a cable, or download a dodgy copy and buy a clone cable - I have a USB one I bought from a guy in Hong Kong I think it was. Have a look on the yahoo group under files.

James, give me a shout if you need these all should be in stock.

As Simon said you will need the following in addition to the emanage blue.

15901001 GREDDY E-Manage Support Tool

15900902 GREDDY E-Manage Ignition Harness

15900901 GREDDY E-Manage Injector Harness

16401301 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor

16401406 GREDDY E-manage Pressure Sensor Harness

Re. the boost cut.

Make sure you do remove it before trying to map the E-Manage. Otherwise the Thor unit will hold down the voltage tyring to make the ECU only ever see under 1bar and this is what the E-Manage will also see. The unit won't then be adding fuel when beyond 1bar because it won't see anything higher than that.

Then your engine might go bang through running lean.

Just something I picked up along the way. Right, Mr C?

:innocent:

Re. the boost cut.

Make sure you do remove it before trying to map the E-Manage. Otherwise the Thor unit will hold down the voltage tyring to make the ECU only ever see under 1bar and this is what the E-Manage will also see. The unit won't then be adding fuel when beyond 1bar because it won't see anything higher than that.

Then your engine might go bang through running lean.

Just something I picked up along the way. Right, Mr C?

:innocent:

It's true you should remove it, but if you have the pressure sensor then this is what the Emanage uses to base its maps on, not the stock MAP. The stock MAP is not really any use above 1BAR anyway, that's why you use the pressure sensor.

It's true you should remove it, but if you have the pressure sensor then this is what the Emanage uses to base its maps on, not the stock MAP. The stock MAP is not really any use above 1BAR anyway, that's why you use the pressure sensor.

Sorry, I was taking it for granted that a pressure sensor would be included in the install.

We had a moment of head scratching during mapping when the E-Manage appeared to only see a max of 1bar of boost, but my mechanical boost gauge was seeing more than that. Hence it ran lean at higher boost. (E-Manage was fuelling for the 1bar it could see when in fact it was running at 1.1bar.

I had left the FCD in situ with the intention of removing it later. Needless to say that came out straight away!

We had a moment of head scratching during mapping when the E-Manage appeared to only see a max of 1bar of boost, but my mechanical boost gauge was seeing more than that. Hence it ran lean at higher boost. (E-Manage was fuelling for the 1bar it could see when in fact it was running at 1.1bar.

I had left the FCD in situ with the intention of removing it later. Needless to say that came out straight away!

But it shouldn't matter whether you had the FCD in or not though, because if you had the pressure sensor that should have been the source for your maps, not the MAP. In your example, the Emanage would see 1.1bar through its own sensor, that's what it's for.

But it shouldn't matter whether you had the FCD in or not though, because if you had the pressure sensor that should have been the source for your maps, not the MAP. In your example, the Emanage would see 1.1bar through its own sensor, that's what it's for.

Yep, I see what your saying and it makes sense. Let me go away and try to work out what it was that actually happened. As soon as we removed the FCD it was all ok. I'll get back to you!

I know what Brian is saying. The stock MAP is good for 1.2bar. It reads past that to 1.25ish but gets erratic. As you are trimming the MAP sensor voltage it is very valid to get readings from the stock MAP sensor up to 1.2bar because you trim it down and send that reading on. So, for example, at 0.8bar real boost you may be sending the ECU 0.4, and at 1.0bar, you send 0.6, all this in order to get the lower duty cycles you need for your bigger injectors. This means at 1.2bar you send the stock ECU say 0.8bar and it uses the duty cycle for that. OR, you have an FCD in place and it clamps the signal to the E-Manage at 0.99bar so you only ever send 0.6 to the stock ECU.

Those figures are totally made up of course but you get my meaning. You can use more of the stock map by using all the range of the stock MAP sensor. You *can* clamp the voltage with an FCD and map around it using the Greddy pressure sensor and the addinj function, much as you have to do above 1.2bar anyway when the stock MAP sensor runs out of range. But there is no point to it, why make your life harder when you can pull the FCD, use all the range of the stock MAP sensor and therefore more of the stock fuelling map, and sell the FCD on :)

Brian's car went lean because he had one of my maps in it that was expecting the stock MAP sensor to report 1.2bar when the car was at 1.2bar... it didn't, as it was clamped, so we were only fuelling for 1.0bar. It wasn't bad lean, and it occurred while out mapping, so no harm done :thumbs: Just a real "wtf?" moment until I spotted the discrepancy between the Greddy sensor and the stock MAP sensor in the datalogs we had.

-Ian