The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox 360 - is it worth it ?

Muffleman

Hi all,

I told myself I wasn't gonna buy the 360 whilst it's still at full price, but my will power is weak :D

Are they any good ? I'm hearing that sales in Japan\USA haven't been spectacular and that the 360 is not looking to be the major jump forward we were expecting, but then again first release games generally bear little resemblance to the quality of games released on a console a year or two later.

Should I ?

Cheers

Matt

without a HDTV i really dont notice a massive difference in graphics and stuff. as far as gameplay goes it depends on the game. i bought my 360 because i love the games that were coming out for it. well worth the money for me.

i think with all these things, who cares who makes the console, its how good the games actually play. i still love Sonic 2 on the megadrive even though it has got silly sprite graphics that get wooped all over by 3d new gen' consoles!

without a HDTV i really dont notice a massive difference in graphics and stuff. as far as gameplay goes it depends on the game. i bought my 360 because i love the games that were coming out for it. well worth the money for me.

i think with all these things, who cares who makes the console, its how good the games actually play. i still love Sonic 2 on the megadrive even though it has got silly sprite graphics that get wooped all over by 3d new gen' consoles!

Sonic Legends on Xbox is cool! :)

Graphic quality is such a small part of the fun factor of a game that the latest and greatest hardware is pretty much irrelevent. The old xbox is still hosting great fun games, at as little as £10 each. Why spend £300 on a new console, to get 'better' versions of the same games at £50 each?

Graphic quality is such a small part of the fun factor of a game that the latest and greatest hardware is pretty much irrelevent. The old xbox is still hosting great fun games, at as little as £10 each. Why spend £300 on a new console, to get 'better' versions of the same games at £50 each?

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Also bear in mind that the 360 is not "true" HD. It only runs 1080i.

As a big fan of the previous X-Box incarnation, I was disappointed to see Microsoft not delivering full HD - the PS3 might be worth waiting for in that respect - it should be full 1080p.

That said, I still have to agree with the general lack of quality games. I certainly won't be shelling out £40-£50 for games, and will instead be looking to acquire whichever console allows me to get/download/purchase, errrrr..... "evaluation" software most easily! :p

i had my 360 for about 5 days before swapping it for a laptop. i was pretty disappointed with it due to the fact that it wasnt a significant increase in quality over the older xbox. the fifa game was completely pants and project gotham was extremely similar to the xbox version :(

Well, my view on the 360.

I have got to say it is worth a purchase.

Personally its not just the improvement in game play, but its the improvement to the XBOX LIVE interface.

Games will get better, but I am finding the ones out already are excellent anyway.

PS3 is not going to have anything near what XBOX LIVE offers, plus I have heard alot of the game creators are leaning more and more with the XBOX.

I personally think the PS3 is going to be out done in the end. Microsoft arnt the giant they are in the business world for not forward thinking.

But again, its just my personal view on it - Well happy.

It all depends on what you want I have a top end gaming PC and all the stuff on the 360 that is worth getting has either been on PC for the past 4-5 months or will be out far sooner than the 360 version and still look as good. However the PS3 that is not the case sony are very good at not porting games to PC hence why they only attempted MGS once on the PC and Final fantasy twice (not including the online one) plus not to mension Gran Torismo.

I would personaly hold your horses a few months