The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

Do you mean that up to now the Truth was not out? ;)

So much about the 'stock' GTO, it now turns out it was stripped to bare metal.

Anything else you forgot to mention?:innocent:

to be fair he never said it was a stock gto.......that was my mistake..last time i saw it it was stock:)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he also said the clutch was stock.... then thats changed too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by letmeshowyou

what clutch is in your car jim?

standard clutch lasted 3 runs it ran that last 11.9 slipping

previous terminal was faster i remember but i missed a gear,

Uprated clutch of some kind, was in car on purchase

I mentioned the go kart as he had only 90bhp he managed a fast quater with low terminal......now whats that mean?

Simply he was fast off the line.

I agree GTOs can be quick off the line once stripped out,but 0.8 60ft :tongue:

you d need more power to get there that quick never mind grip.

I think that there are enough Forum members around the UK that Jim can find one available nearby.

That would move us from 'woulda coulda shoulda' territory into reality for a change.

What do you think Jim, is it doable or will we keep chasing our tail here?:eyebrows:

Jim

You only have 4 posts left. If you don't post this proof of yours in the next few posts we'll all know you're a liar.

we should get jim to line up his car against the former UK record holder for 60 ft times and see how he goes on.:D

right. I'm bored of this now. Can someone verify my (very approximate) maths please...

60ft = 0.0099 miles

0.858seconds (jims time) = 0.0002hours

To cover that distance at a constant velocity you'd have to be travelling at 49.5mph.

Assuming linear acceleration (we know this was done from a standing start) this would mean at the 60ft point you were doing 99mph jim. Strange that you only see 4 seconds 0-60 on the g-tech and even stranger that for the remainder of the 1/4 mile you only accelerated by a further 5 miles per hour.

Did you take your foot off and maintain a constant speed? I would have thought that was pretty easy to verify on this dvd we're all supposed to buy.

Are you sure the timing gear can't be at fault? ;)

right. I'm bored of this now. Can someone verify my (very approximate) maths please...

60ft = 0.0099 miles

To cover that distance at a constant velocity you'd have to be travelling at 49.5mph.

Assuming linear acceleration (we know this was done from a standing start) this would mean at the 60ft point you were doing 99mph jim. Strange that you only see 4 seconds 0-60 on the g-tech and even stranger that for the remainder of the 1/4 mile you only accelerated by a further 5 miles per hour.

Did you take your foot off and maintain a constant speed? I would have thought that was pretty easy to verify on this dvd we're all supposed to buy.

its not possible to do a 0.8 60 ft for that car ,he would probably need 1000hp to do it!!

60ft = 0.0099 miles

And that ladies and gentlemen is Game, Set and Match! :D

All i am saying is the slip is not doctord in any way, so argue this with SANTA POD on 01234782828 ask them about it dont abuse me as i never posted my slip in here.

We've NEVER SAID the slip was doctored....we've said it's wrong and that's that. Something caused the timing beams too trigger early.

End of.