The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

Jim, whereabouts are you?

Maybe a member here can meet you and have a go as a passenger with an accelerometer.

If you are near Kent I'd be happy to oblidge. If the times are *anywhere* near what you claim then it's end of the story.

How about it?

PS

Gee, I miss the Dude. He'd have a field day.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Even if it seems highly unlikely, even if his choice of words and emotional responses speak volumes.

With a passenger it should easily do low 12s, if it is as quick as claimed.

A decent accelerometer will give you 60ft times and all that, no probs.

I am prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Even if it seems highly unlikely, even if his choice of words and emotional responses speak volumes.

With a passenger it should easily do low 12s, if it is as quick as claimed.

A decent accelerometer will give you 60ft times and all that, no probs.

there is a guy on the gto forum that runs around 450 hp with loads done,car stripped out totally and 150 shot of NOS and he only just manages to break into high 11 s .that 60 ft time beats the uk record-no way.going to ring my mate who is on gto forum and see if hell put a link to this thread.:Pling:

Like i said i dont have to answer your stupid questions are you arguing with FIA timing equipment still ? thats the issue not some silly 1.3ltr 4 wheel drive, or some silly rear wheel drive that i know for a fact if you tried to launch a 400 bhp supra by reving to 7,500 then pinging up the clutch it would spin its tits off any rear wheel drive can do that from a rs2000 ......you have not got a clue pal.

thats funny because a guy in the US can lay down 1132 hp at the rear wheels bouncing the car off the rev limiter.for rwd we have a thing called drag tyres-thats how you lay the power down,

... .that 60 ft time beats the uk record-no way.going to ring my mate who is on gto forum and see if hell put a link to this thread.:Pling:

I don't really care about the 60ft time, it could be a timing fluke or whatever.

I wonder more like how a car as heavy as the GTO can do 11s with such low trap speed.

even with all the weight stripped out ,it will still weigh more than a stripped subaru like the one that holds the 60 ft record ,he also has more power to get him to the 60 ft point and proper DRAG tyres unlike cheap tyres like proxes.