The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

jim sorry mate but your talking rubbish you wouldn't even get near 1.4 60ft time (1.8-1.7 at best), as for keeping up with all porchres you race lol, boxters yes maybe (possibly a carrrea non turbo), your car weighs more than a supra 1595kg i think and has 4wd transmission loss too, the box on a supra with rev limiter raise to 7200rpm will reach 225.7 mph gps speed (it's all bragging rights really) that is on stock size rims tires (proven) and should do 204.8mph stock rev limiter bhp provided, stock for stock bpu for bpu a supra beat a gto it's proven, round a track also, don't make me post up vids and test stats, just accept it mate, being honest with you the only cars that come close are skylines :cool: or things that cost £100000+ :search: :cool:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate has a dyno proven gto running at 350 bhp ,running e-manage and a load of other bits.best he has ever run is 13.3,thats with race fuel and a full weight car with yoko avs tyres,so id say with a stock GTO you would get no where near that.

ps . he used to run 14 secs upwards when it was stock

Yes use your brain now the engines in the front drive comes from the back wheels what on earth do you think the grip like of 4 wheel drive is about?

Seriously kid, is this a wind up or did you get dropped on the head as a baby?

Lets break it down: If the driven wheels do not spin, then any extra traction is useless.

Like a Subaru Justy, a 1.3l 4wd, does the 4wd help it launch faster? No. Why? Because it has no wheel spin to start with. It needs more power to launch faster. Same for you, even with a dead hook, you lack the power to run that 60ft time.

A 400HP Supra, on slicks, on a prepped track, does not have the power, even from standstill, to break traction. Yet it still wont run under a 1.6 60ft time. As it does not have the power.

my mate has a dyno proven gto running at 350 bhp ,running e-manage and a load of other bits.best he has ever run is 13.3,thats with race fuel and a full weight car with yoko avs tyres,so id say with a stock GTO you would get no where near that.

Lets not get off track here, Jims already quite openly admitted that his car is not the quickest down the whole 1/4 mile, the only bone of contention here is he claims his GTO will 60 foot in .8 and he's sure he's got the slips to prove it.

Personnally, I think the slips are wrong (timing lights, staging, or whatever), whats needed here is a repeated performance thats verifiable or we'll be arguing about it till the cows come home.

Jim, If you prove yourself to be correct...well, hats off to you...but I just don't think its possible to get a 0.8 - 60ft in a mild GTO.:zen:

Yes again your mate does not have the skill on the day,

my mate Dan from Turbo Technics was there on the day watching, he had 700bhp with 2 huge turbos on he was running only 13.5 he could not launch it.

same old story why dont you read the slip.

Look (deleted expletive)....we've explained to you that the ONLY vehicle capable of you 60ft is a topfuel dragster...not a shopping trolley like a GTO.

This is the stupidest thread ever. Show us your proof....I want video footage of you beating a bike out of the hole.

Going on your ignorance maybe you should ask your self that....

Just cos your thinking you have bought the wrong car.

Those times are correct stop being silly it was filmned by santa pod for the dvd.

Your so new to drag racing i can tell, by your comments of status of my brain.

Sad its got to this level as when i show a lot of you again instead of just 30,000 people that have seen it last time what will you say after?

Timing light errors DUH behave grow up.

Aye, I did buy the wrong car(s), how will I ever afford a GTO? :(

Answer my questions since your such a drag racing expert. :taped:

They claim there is no way the lights can be triggered incorrect.

He states the only problems are if they are hit by vehicle at the 1/8 mile,

the other beacons and transponders are out of the way for the 60ft and 330ft.

only the transponder could be knocked over in a lane cross accident.

that never happend,

Also the timer only starts from when you cross the beacon so what else crossed it? leaf ? oh probably not it was August summers day.

What about my other times? another leaf ?

Also he states that if there was errros it would not be of the highest standard that it needs to be to run FIA European events.

He even said about your comments about the top fuel and seems to wonder how you think thank the more power you have the more instant you can make it work....... your all so wrong how many people have tuned something only to find you cant lay down the power as you going to bog down out of the power band or rev to hi and spin up.

Having a very heavy engine in the front sitting above my front wheels and having genuine 4 wheel drive not silly skyline 2wd for a split sec then 4 wd until it stops spinning you might start to understand how this is possible.

congratulations jim you have managed to break the british record for road legal street cars ,as the roger clarke motorsport held the record at TOTB IV this year with a flat 1 second 60 ft time. your car must be so fast.

more like 1.8 60 ft time!:search:

Originally Posted by SupersizeJim

17-Feb-2006 15:11

I am going to video all 3 times on my slips and show you in the next few minutes.

Still no video?

It's been nearly an hour now. When you said "in the next few minutes" were you using the Santa Pod timing gear?

...your all saying its lies ? why ?...

It's you who talks about lies mate.

Maybe you know something we don't ;)

As for gearbox being weak your wrong its the clutch that faills and you break gearbox's by not upgrading the engine mounts when you go for high power,

Who mentioned the gearbox, you did.

I mentioned the transmission

Stop talking crap to me

You are now mentioning 'crap talk'

Very transparent, aren't we?:D

as my times are on the ultimate street car dvd,

...which we should go out and buy, yeah, yeah...:)

Like i said i dont have to answer your stupid questions are you arguing with FIA timing equipment still ? thats the issue not some silly 1.3ltr 4 wheel drive, or some silly rear wheel drive that i know for a fact if you tried to launch a 400 bhp supra by reving to 7,500 then pinging up the clutch it would spin its tits off any rear wheel drive can do that from a rs2000 ......you have not got a clue pal.

That's why you don't launch a car like that...proper 60ft's in a 6-speed involve slipping the clutch all the way through first and keeping the engine on song....in the powerband...7500rpm FWIW isn't in the power band you actually want to launch at peak torque which will be about 4-5000rpm! But then to do it properly you have to murder the clutch through 1st and that gets really smelly.

so youre saying your stockish GTO would beat a 650 bhp at the wheels scooby with drag suspension,its lighter and has proper drag tyres,by the way has your car got a built engine as there is no way if its stock it can take 380 at the wheels without melting pistons.its a well known fact in the GTO world that youre pushing it at 350 at the flywheel on a stock engine!

I am going to video all 3 times on my slips and show you in the next few minutes.

Hi Jimbo - It's very simple, just video all 3 timing slips and post them up and then that's all done and dusted. a few seconds of each slip please, cos at 25frames per second, that would need a lot of photoshopping of each frame if someone was faking it, so a few seconds of each slip and then all arguments are pretty much over.

(Also a video of the 60ft distance (taken from opposite 60ft mark would be further proof due to video framing rates etc you can see how long it takes to reach 60ft line.). Tricky if the camera isn't opposite 60ft line as you get parallax errors etc.

in anticipation, and regards.

Listen you know nothing about the car or anything it seems.

Gto has german getrag gearbox 6 speed revs to 7,500 stock geared for 230mph.

infact get ya play station out.

Gto's are there faster than the supra on -60 as well how strange.#

Might be the 4 wheel drive.

thats funny the 0-60 time on a manual supra is 4.6 whats a GTO 0-60??

it would take about a 1000hp to get that barge to move.