The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe cant believe this is still raging on :lol:

7.5k rpm launches - only a matter of time before that gearbox explodes and its weak as fek on a the GTO.

I'll keep an eye out :search:

Wouldn't keep an eye out dude, don't want bits of GTO cogs hitting gettin in your eye! :D

they are rear wheel drive .... 4 wheel drive rules for launches i am a heavy car lots grip its getting a fast quarter by eating them on the line. simple answer

One problem here - cars that run 60ft times that fast LIFT the front wheels. So 4wd wont be a lot of help.

Someone needs to post a pic of a Supra witht the fronts off the ground on its way to a 1.3-4 60ft time.

Best of the rest: With the idle Alan Johnson assisting with his tune-up, Jim Head scored strong 60-foot numbers (.847, .850, .856, and .857) but couldn't get his unlettered dragster to stick after that Clay Millican made a series of almost-full runs and scored a best of 4.78 at only 258 mph. In addition, his 60-foot times were in the .85s. After two half-trackers and an early up-in-smoker, Doug Kalitta nailed an .848 60-footer and made a strong pass to about the 1,000-foot mark with a respectable 4.751 at 240.68.

This is the type of car that was running "strong 60 foot numbers" in the 0.8s....

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/769/topfuel9dl.jpg

Yeah Ro but them top fuel dragsters they don't have teh 4wd lauching power of the mighty GTO.

I belive Jim uses his mad heel and toe skillz as well.

That would be great to see though wouldn't it? Just imagine Jim in his GTO beating a top fuel dragster to 60' !!!

Yeah Ro but them top fuel dragsters they don't have teh 4wd lauching power of the mighty GTO.

I belive Jim uses his mad heel and toe skillz as well.

That would be great to see though wouldn't it? Just imagine Jim in his GTO beating a top fuel dragster to 60' !!!

:lol: Race one of them "for pinks" up to 60 then? :D Heel and toe? Think he double clutches and granny shifts on the 1/4 mile too? :D

One problem here - cars that run 60ft times that fast LIFT the front wheels. So 4wd wont be a lot of help.

Someone needs to post a pic of a Supra witht the fronts off the ground on its way to a 1.3-4 60ft time.

Ryan Woon's 1400rwhp, 3.4 litre, 6 Speed

1/4 mile: [email protected]

60ft 1.38 seconds

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8811/temp9eq.jpg

... an incredible 11.9- 1/4 last year with a .8-60ft.....is a .8 60ft possible on a stock 4wd ...?

....nope...completly stock.....

...he was running 11.5 psi on the day...

...yea sorry i thought it was stock... but a boost controler and a little weight loss aint much mods to get into the 11s

...i am nearly stock no turbo upgrades as of yet, just a fuzzy logic boost controller to run 11.5 psi, not quite every thing changed in the exhaust after the turbo back is changed to back boxes, air filter some samco hoses, thats it.

....so me at santa pod with 11.5 psi no passenger no seat for passnger its easy to run .8 60ft

..... buy the dvd eat humble pie

...to be honest havent got a clue what power

...take a guess what i claim is around 380 at the wheels

...I know i ran the times now buy the dvd.

...I tell you what i will race you for cars at next years ultimate streetcar. i will have 650bhp plus.

... i can run sub 4 secs to 60 with ease, my mates got 480bhp skyline even he cant catch me to 60 not a hope

...i can run the magic sub 10 sec quarter on zx9r with only 147bhp .

...WHY YOU STILL ARGUING? i am not just stating truth when you disbelive

...previous terminal was faster i remember but i missed a gear...

I know that an experienced drag racer can beat a rookie with a much more powerful machine. I've seen it.

However, the way you have responded to the (natural) questions is rather evasive and any requests for further proof (or meetings) have been evasive too.

So that doesn't help your credibility either :(

From what I know about the GTO, it's transmission (in stock form) simply cannot handle multiple brutal launches like the ones you describe.:blink:

But all these are simply indications, we have no way to tell either way, so you've got the benefit of the doubt.:search:

If a GTO running such low boost with a downpipe, samco hoses and a new airfilter can be so devastingly quick, then I guess Toyota really got it wrong eh? ;)