The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

A sure sign of a bullshitter is when he comes up with all sorts of excuses when further evidence is asked for.:trophy:

"I'm moving house", "the car is in the lockup and i ain't got the keys".

The dog ate my homework school of thought.

He wouldn't even say what part of the UK he lives in, lol...

In the meantime sneaking in 'mods' and deviations from stock, one after the other.

We're not even worth a tenner to him are we?:search:

We'll all miss him, I guess...:jester:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fast Guy
Keith Cowie isn't it? But still, the RCM impreza did run a flat 1 second 60 foot IIRC

There was alot of questions about 60ft times at Elvington for TOTB, I ran a 1.6ft there in the pouring rain last september which is faster than I've done before. That 60ft felt no faster than the 1.9s and 2.0s I was doing for the rest of the day so I don't believe it.

Believe me, you notice the difference 0.4s makes over 60ft.

Hmmm, I decided it was definately a timing error, but I've just overlayed the times for my 12.43 run at shakespeare on his timing slip, and the 60ft time margin keeps quite constant with me closing all the way down the strip. So that doesn't back up the timing error theory.

I wonder what the chances are he staged on the back wheels?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.brown500/Pictures/comparison.jpg

Tell you what, its a good job this thread didn't get started on the 'touchy' GTO board... wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds.

I posted a thread up today asking about a UK supra pump fitting a GTO and the grumpy bastards deleted the thread and then the thread asking why it was deleted. Must really hate the fact they need supra parts to fuel there barges or something I dunno!? I just wanted to know for sure before I advertised it as such.

And to think I nearly bought one before I realised I could get a TT Supra :rolleyes:

Great thread though, even better that it was discussed logically from start to finish - well apart from the gto owner in question that is. Pattern developing here... :blink:

Fast Guy - interesting theory but even staging on the back wheels wouldn't account for the time...

I reckon his GTO could get from 0-60feet in even less than 0.8seconds :

Park it on a level crossing, pointing South, and wait for the InterCity125 from York to London.

InterCity arrives, BANG, there you have it - 0-60feet in 0.1seconds.

Might dent his GTO a bit though.

(Bottle of T-cut should sort it.)

long thread, worth the read though as it made me chuckle :D At the end of the day, as has been said, you can't beat the basic laws of physics and electronic gear goes wrong all the time, as much as you'd love to believe it when it suits you. The GTO is only an average performer isn't it, soo much weight it makes the supe look like a lightweight! lol

I think we all need to practice our launch though. This has been an eye opener, apparently all you need to do is rev it to the red line and dump the clutch - it's the secret we've all missed for all these years, but at least we can all expect to get up to 100mph in the first 1 sec :D

Guest Skyraker
I posted a thread up today asking about a UK supra pump fitting a GTO and the grumpy bastards deleted the thread and then the thread asking why it was deleted. Must really hate the fact they need supra parts to fuel there barges or something I dunno!?

Maybe you missed it, it's http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20304

and has been replied to.

also this thread is giving us a laugh over on GTOUK, I don't think Dan@turbotechnics would have anything to do with this knobjockey...

Cheers

Des.

1997 Mk3 GTO

Hello, no I didn't miss it, both threads were deleted but then Dave contacted me and explained he was putting the original thread backup hence why its there again :) Dave also kindly answered my original question via PM too so I got what I was after in the first place, cheers. I've had a fair few threads deleted in my time but they usually involve me being a git :eyebrows: hehe

Maybe you missed it, it's http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20304

and has been replied to.

also this thread is giving us a laugh over on GTOUK, I don't think Dan@turbotechnics would have anything to do with this knobjockey...

Cheers

Des.

1997 Mk3 GTO

Guest GTO NEMESIS

Another question for the fastest GTO in the UK.

What is the Reg of your car?

Are you saying you have an F reg GTO? 'F440'...

You are making yourself look like a complete tool, GTO's and 11 sec 1/4's are no easy task on Pump fuel.

Mark

Guest GTO NEMESIS

How much bollox can you write chap?

. Ps i am nearly stock no turbo upgrades as of yet, just a fuzzy logic boost controller to run 11.5 psi, not quite every thing changed in the exhaust after the turbo back is changed to back boxes, air filter some samco hoses, thats it.

And you say you have 380 bhp at the wheels? You wouldn't even get that at the fly!

I invite you to Power Engineering any time, I will pay your fuel and the dyno run. If you get above 300 BHP at the wheels I will eat my bile duct.

No the number is on my car back window over that weekend ask dan from turbo technics he has 750bhp gto i was beating him he witnessed it along with 30,000 people now dream on

Dan does not, and never has had, a 750 BHP GTO! (I assume that you have bought his old Mk2 Blue GTO?)

to be honest havent got a clue what power if you go throught the stages on drdynamics racing site on the turbo upgrades i am around stage 3 on their list except i cant run more than 12psi and i dont have extra part from manifolds like in their upgrades

http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/home.php?cat=49

so i would guess that power its certainly no more

The US figures are calcualted as follows - Take the AWHP then divide by 1.62, that will give you BHP at the crank in the UK.

Don't beleive me? Ring Matt Monnet, owner of Dynamic Racing. Then ring Ray Pampera, owner and tuner Pamera Motorsport. Also the claimed owner of the world's most power full GTO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homer

I somehow doubt the guy will be a threat at TOTB

some how i dont i think i will be too. pointless going there unless u got over 800 bhp and i dont .

Why don't you go? You have the quickest GTO 60 ft in the world and you have the quickest 1/4 GTO in the UK...

As for gearbox being weak your wrong its the clutch that faills and you break gearbox's by not upgrading the engine mounts when you go for high power,

The Gear Box is Getrag and can handle what you give them.

The three broken output shafts and broken gearbox in my garage must be my imagination...

he had 700bhp with 2 huge turbos on he was running only 13.5 he could not launch it.

Ah, looks like Dan has just lost 50 BHP, Dan never ran his car on the Dyno or the track! It smoked to much due to the oil drains. I bought a set of T35's from Dan so I know what they do.

I removed them and fitted a GT42RS.

Gto has german getrag gearbox 6 speed revs to 7,500 stock geared for 230mph.

Wrong! The car is limited to 7250 RPM

Please please come down to Power Engineering so I can show what a real GTO looks like on the Rollers!

There is no way you have 380 BHP at the wheels!

Mark (Current undisputed owner of the UK's most powerfull GTO...):p

Guest GTO NEMESIS
I think he's run out of posts now

Gutted! Can I pay for his membership so we can continue discussing this world record breaking car?

Mark:D