The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Homer Lawtey
Out of general curiosity how much would a GTO weigh???

Im wondering if this might settle the arguement a little???

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

Standard GTO weighs in at 1780 kg, although that calculator is pure horse s:taped:t as it has my car at 415 BHP to have managed my best run of 13.29s :blink: . Not bloody likely I think, as it only had the basic mods giving it about 310 BHP at best :Pling:

I get the feeling that who-ever is posting as SupersizeJim is a spotty teenager, so I wouldn't worry about him! I have an idea of who he might be, and if anyone on your admin team felt like PMing me the IP address they were posting from I can tie it in with the GTOUK forum ;) .

Steve (GTOUK site admin & keeper of the 1/4 mile tables)

Guest Homer Lawtey

I should also add that I once had timeslips from York showing a 1.2s 60' time, with a misfiring nitrous system and a badly slipping clutch. It was thought to be the fastest 60' time a GTO/3000GT/Stealth had ever run in the World, ever. When I found this out I checked the results pages of the York drag strip website, and found out that lane 2 timing gear had a fault on the 60' and 330' timing gear on that day, so all 60' times were rubbished......

Guest Fast Guy
To be fair, if Jim has two other timing slips with sub-one second 60 foot times you can't really blame a timing fault.

Yes you can. I have 3 timing slips from York raceway on the same day, the timing gear was faulty and my three 60ft times show 0.771, 0.890 and 0.793. It's the same timing gear as used at the Pod.

I also run a 4x4 and the next meet, same launches build boost, launch, go with no wheel spin what so ever showed a 1.832s fastest 60ft.

I got a 1.6s in the pouring rain at Elvington as well, but I don't believe that either.

The 11.9 is probably correct as the low 104mph does indicate a good launch, but the 60ft are errors period!!!

(My best so far is a 12.4 at 109 on a 1.728ft with slight wheel spin)

(typed as soon as I got to the quote above, ie before I saw the post above :$)

Hello Homer

you were a good source of info on the GTO way back in the day when i was active on GTOUK (which i think has slightly changed its name hasnt it?)

back in the day with 'Ming the merciless' and a chap called 'Dave' (Black GTO, stickered up and very well modded...iirc had HKS twins on..)

Standard GTO weighs in at 1780 kg, although that calculator is pure horse s:taped:t as it has my car at 415 BHP to have managed my best run of 13.29s :blink: . Not bloody likely I think, as it only had the basic mods giving it about 310 BHP at best :Pling:

I get the feeling that who-ever is posting as SupersizeJim is a spotty teenager, so I wouldn't worry about him! I have an idea of who he might be, and if anyone on your admin team felt like PMing me the IP address they were posting from I can tie it in with the GTOUK forum ;) .

Steve (GTOUK site admin & keeper of the 1/4 mile tables)

i can promise you he is no spotty teenager....i have kown jim for many years:)and sh1t thats heavy 1780kg

Fair play. You've seen the proof and still won't admit it. In that case can you ask him why he lifted off please? I can't personally understand why this is quicker, but as we have proof I'm prepared to look into it...

saying "seems unlikely" is admiting it...

i just dont want want to rub jims face in it as he has been a mate for many years....as i said he is adamant he can do it again and said he will prove it

so the ball is in his court:)

But if he reached his trap speed after just 60 feet, did he just ROLL until the finish line?

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Tell him to wake up and accept that timing errors DO happen!

you still going on?.... i think by now it has been provern it cant be done

course ppl would be IF IT happened.

That's still 0-60 in under 1 second.

I don't think so!

so maybe they got it wrong,or the timing gear went faulty,me and Ro are only quoting what was said over the speakers.:p

thats why we have both said that it ran that 60ft time.

Absolutely one of the best threads i've read in a long time! I cannot believe how someone can be so narrow minded and stubbon not to think, hmm maybe that 0-60ft time is wrong,pmsl, I mean maybe he thinks it's because were supe owners but I bet if a supe owner claimed that 60ft time we'd still be given all of this proof!lol