The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 1/4

JamieP

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Ben, i have the honour of currently having the fastest 1/4 on the GTO owners club.

I can run a 1.7x 60' time and 12.01 @116 is my best 1/4.

I have more time slips than i care to think of.

My car is pretty well modded. It runs K&N, Custom Exhaust, Blitz DSBC, Apexi SAFC, ARCII, Stillen Brakes, Supra 310lph pump, FSE FPR, Greddy Type S BOV, Tein Flex Coilovers, Viperpilots Oil Cooler, FMIC, Pitroad M Front end, 15G Turbos, 680s, Apexi S-ITC,RPS MAX Clutch, Findanza Flywheel, its also got a little weight loss too.

I have broken the 'transmission' 7 times, maybe more, to get this far. Maybe i am just a $h!t driver though, i dont claim anything else. I have wrecked 4 clutches, i have snapped 2 output shafts and stripped another.

My car has the std rev limit of 7,300rpm.

It so happens that i also have an interest in a garage some of the members here use it, but its mostly FTOs and GTOs, so i do have a reasonable knowledge of the cars. The gearbox, transfer box, clutch, output shaft, fuel system, turbos, whatever, you name it. I build them, service them and tune them.

I and the rest of the gto guys have blatantly failed to achieve a launch even close to what you have- I'm serrious here- i'm not BS'ing you- i cant dissprove your slip i just want to know how. If a lightly modded car can get over the line in that time, i must be able to run a low ten if i can just get it off the line.

What you have achieved on that 60' time is absolutely incredible- it really is and that i guess is why everyone here is going bananas about it. Nothing is impossible- all i want to know is how you did it. There is no way a clutch drop launch in a lightly modified GTO at 11.5psi will yield a time like that. You are over the 60' near a full second before i can even get there!

By the way, watch out for det at 11.5psi on std fuel. At the top of 3rd you will be close to maxing the injectors and going lean.

Cheers,

Ben.

Its a pretty common mod the GTO guys do.

Our fuel pump is poxy very puny and the first thing we have to do is hotwire it. Doing this gives us 14 v at the pump. Next step up is what the mitsu guys call the warlbro 255lph pump. Its probably the warlbro 341 to you guys (its model no)

The 'Supra pump' is the common name for an uprated Mk4 supra pump, run hotwired. They deliver 310lph.

Check this:-

Cheers,

Ben.

Ben's talking about the standard UK pump - it's a sodding good pump - it's just expensive!

Walbro's are always recommended as they are a very good alternative VFM wise but the stock UK pump is pretty much the best pump going.

Ben, thanks for adding to the thread.

By the way - if any of you guys run a warlbro 341 its worth looking at this:-

Just says it doesnt flow much if it doesnt get a high voltage.

Cheers,

Ben.

Just one thing to say if my time gets beaten or i see it for real in front of my eyes i wont be running around saying thats a timing error, or do you ever see top fuel racers protesting over if someone manages to run a time half a second faster than thought possible, these things happen,

Ring Santa pod Officials up like i said ask them if its a possible to get an error they have told me today the times Correct as Tsi System 2000 is certified tested to FIA spec.

You cannot argue with it.

SupersizeJim

Its the printer that has the problem not the timing system

it did not print the number 2 to make it a 2.8s 60ft:D :D :D

Keith

Where do you find these people? :D

mutual jim and mine mate....i was telling him about this funny thread:D ...

any how spoke to jim and he has said once he is settled in the new house he will arrange a day to go to the pod.....

to be honest it does seem a .8 is unlikely...but time will tell.....i will keep you updated.....

ps thanks for all your input ...great thread i enjoyed it:D

Hopefully Stuart will run his at Pod tomorrow, a stock 355 is about the same 1/4 mile as a BPU supra so should be a good challange for us :)

It's a shame Jim can't be there :(

yea should be a good day...looking forward to it:) ....just wish i had my supe there...:(

I should have bought a Gto:D :D :D :D :D :D

flat 1 second 60 ft not a chance that is about as bad as this thread:p

Keith

I'm pretty sure the Roger Clarke impereza was a flat 1 second 60 foot time, remember thinking "F*CK ME THAT'S FAST" at the time....

Guest GTO NEMESIS

Why does this GTO owner think he has the quickest GTO in the UK, and on zero mods?

Please point him towards http://www.gtouk.co.uk so we can pull his pants down!

My quickest is 1.5 sec 60 ft and I can garantee my car is somewhat modded.

Or maybe I should of just put a sticker and a neon light on my car to get into the 11's!

Mark:search: :eyebrows: