The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DSBC Comparison Please

dandan

Hello people,

Got an annoying question about my Blitz DSBC.

When switched to off (ie should give stock boost/performance) the readout will go no higher than 0.68 bar of boost. I have lower decat and Trial exh so expecting to make 0.9-1.0bar anyway, regardless of boost controller.

Can anyone switch theirs off please and see what "stock" reading you get please?

Basically I'm trying to determine esxactly what boost pressures at different settings as HKS boost gauge and DSBC are giving different readings

eg

DSBC Display HKS Gauge

0.98 0.7

1.03 0.9

1.12 0.95-1.0

Can anyone help on the "off" reading please as that's my first niggle!

This is what I'm trying to do:

Originally had bleed valve fitted and no DSBC and hit 1.0bar on HKS gauge regularly.

Fitted the DSBC and got rid of bleed valve.

Now with DSBC switched off (really just to check normal boost) I'm getting a reading of 0.68bar and something equally low from the gauge.

I reasoned that I may have a leak somewhere but this changed occured overnight as soon as I fitted DSBC. Checked everything but nothing seems amiss.

Also when running on any of my four settings I get different readings from gauge and DSBC and not sure which to believe. I want to get it setup to vary between 1.0bar and 1.2bar but to get gauge to read 1.2bar will probably mean DSBC will show about 1.4bar! Whether or not it's reading high, it's a little worrying.

I'm trying to find a gauge to borrow off someone and plumb in temporarily to verify readings!