The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Size's

DannoSupra

Hi i'm thinking off getting a set of 19's on the beast. Would anyone recommend a tyre size front and rear, and which tyres to go. money aint an issue.. :D also what are the offset or pcd or whatever on the wheels i need. i havn't got my head around wheel size's yet. and is it a good idea only to fit lowering springs, o go for the job lot???

ta

Hi i'm thinking off getting a set of 19's on the beast. Would anyone recommend a tyre size front and rear, and which tyres to go. money aint an issue.. :D also what are the offset or pcd or whatever on the wheels i need. i havn't got my head around wheel size's yet. and is it a good idea only to fit lowering springs, o go for the job lot???

ta

would not go for 19", i have them on mine and i want rid of them, i got my car lowered using eibach and i am rubbing, plus the handling is absolute shit, 17" is best or if you want 18"

offset as close to 50 as possible

235 front

255+ on the rear

a lot of people advise 8" front 9" rear or 8.5 and 9.5 or 9 and 10

choise is yours

yip and if you change them you will wish you hadn't, recommend youy get them refurb, and they say chris wilson suspension set up is the dogs bollocks but i think i read somwhere he will only do it on standard wheels

go for 18" you will regret 19" i hate the ones on mine, its a shit ride although mines are 235 on the rear too (previous owner went for style)

I've got CW's suspension set up (fitted late last year) with standard 17" alloys and new F1 rubber all round - the car handles superbly.

You have to ask yourself: should I just ignore what Toyota spent millions of pounds developing and spend £2.5K on a nice set of 19s that will look great but will ride like a pig, throw my geometry out and tramline like a cow or have a car that will go round corners and not end up pointing the wrong way in a hedge?! Form over function?