The mkiv Supra Owners Club

group buy nice double DIN 6,5" TFT DVD Player

c0c4in3

Hey there... I found a really nice double din unit from a chinese Company. Only problem is, they don't sell just one unit. I have to order 20 Units... Is Anyone interested in that? The price will be something around 250 GBP.

Here are the details and picures:

Features:

1) DVD / DVD-R / MP3 / VCD / CD / CD-R / CD-RW compatible

2) Motorized control panel

3) 6.5" wide TFT color LCD screen

4) 16:9 or 4:3 mode

5) NTSC / PAL compatible

6) Picture control: brightness / contrast / color / tint / reflection size

7) Screen angle / position memory

8) Rear monitor video output

9) Choice of the quickest or the shortest journey

10) Repeat / program / random / intro play

11) Electronic anti-shock

12) AM / FM / MPX stereo receiver

13) 30 preset stations

14) Auto memory store / preset scan

15) Preset EQ (pop / rock / classic)

16) 50W x 4 high power output

17) DVD / VCD changer control interface

18) Parking detector interface

19) 2V preamp output (2prs RCA)

20) Subwoofer output

21) Card size full function remote control

22) On screen display (OSD)

23) TV tuner control

http://www.directupload.net/images/060209/temp/EggBv6aL.jpg

do a search for this mate on here and if the name Caska comes into the equation i'd leave well alone....

pm Nic for any advice imo

Nah, it' not caska. Already hear about the heating problem and so on. I will receive a sample shortly and will do a complete test with close up pictures etc.

i might be interested, just a few Qs though:

- any warranty?

- what does 'Choice of the quickest or the shortest journey' mean?

- is it possible to connect an iPod up, e.g. an Aux in or something?

- is the TV tuner built in or is this an upgrade & how much?

- is the estimate of 250 a delivered price?

look forward to seeing how it fits into the dash too, i'd like something that fits nicely

i might be interested, just a few Qs though:

- any warranty?

- what does 'Choice of the quickest or the shortest journey' mean?

- is it possible to connect an iPod up, e.g. an Aux in or something?

- is the TV tuner built in or is this an upgrade & how much?

- is the estimate of 250 a delivered price?

look forward to seeing how it fits into the dash too, i'd like something that fits nicely

-pretty sure, that the supplier will cover the warranty. He sell's the product so he has to make it right if anything is wrong.

-I think that means something for GPS. Not sure if GPS is already installed. Will ask that.

-Don't know about the I-Pod. But I am pretty sure it has an AUX.

-not sure about the TV-Tuner. Still waiting for a full spec list.

-250 is the Price I get when it arrives in Germany (Tax etc. included). It will be another 15-20 gbp for shipping from Germany to UK.

Cheers...

• 1 month later...
Just spoke to the supplier. TV is included. GPS is an option. A full manual as pdf will follow. The sample I shall receive by end of this month. Will keep you guy up to date...

Any news on this at all?

Do you have the make model as the one with GPS, I would be interested in.

• 1 month later...

I am in Malaysia at the moment and I was in HK last week. I am amazed by the quality of the picture by the no-brand chinese make lcd units.

I found a shop that sell the double din unit and single din and I have to say I am impressed by the demo that they have installed on the wall. I have putting the screen to the test by spending 15 mins on flipping the screen in and out and it never over heat or mechanism seized..

I am in Malaysia this week and I will go and have a look at the products available here and I am almost sure that I will buy one back. I personally like the one with usb and sd card reader built in.

• 6 months later...

anything ever materialise with this?

i'm currently looking again for a double din unit & there's a 'Sell DAV-6522' unit on ebay that looks like a bargain but i'm not convinced on these cheap chinese units that seem similar to the Caska

just wondered if anyone had found a decent one before i start dreamin about a Kenwood again

yeah jamie theres plenty of cheap ones about but the only thing whats stopping me buy one is that the interfaces on there look fecking gash :( be nice to see your feedback tho

Owned one and whilst the unit worked fine the interface was created by the devil himself :(

Sold it eventually as it really did my box in, navigating through MP3 discs and the radio was a right chore, easy to say it's all right for the money but I would gladly pay the extra for something a bit more user friendly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.