The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cyclic redundancy error???

merckx

Just tried copying a dvd onto the hard drive and it get's about three quarters done and I'm getting a "cannot copy cyclic redundancy error".

Also tried just copying to a blank dvd and it's doing the same.

The computer decided to shut itself down aswell and emit a loud bleeping sound.

Does this mean the dvd is corrupt?

Thanks

What's the film you're copying?

Madagascar? Hitch?

There are a load of new films with a new level of encryption on them that cause this error. (I've seen it a few times)

Are you using DVDShrink? Try googling the error message and you'll find full details and a list of movies that have this encryption.

DVDShrink also has a forum, but I'd have to look it up.

:edit: a scratched source disc can also cause this.

Guest gzaerojon

try as james says but the other way round, use dvd dycrypter to rip the complete image (this will make another image of the same size but without the encryption) then use a program like Daemon tools to load up the ripped image. then use dvd shrink to... well shrink it :D

by the way the creator of dvd decrypter has been shut down/ arrested or something so no more newer versions now