The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Service Details...have searched

dandan

Hi all,

I've seen similar questions posted like this before but not really got a definitive answer on a few of them, especially diff oil.

Diff.

What oil should be used in the rear diff of a J spec with the LSD?

What is the amount required for a refill after draining?

Gearbox.

I'm sure the only oil for the 6 speed box is V160 from Toyota (is this all I'd need to quote?) and exactly how much do i need, again for a refill?

Engine oil.

I'm sticking with the Castrol 10w60 (fully syn) unless anyone can advise me otherwise. How much is required for fill up?

Air Filter

Is the Toyota panel filter a sound choice for BPU spec, as I'm definately keeping the airbox for now.. any other panel type alternatives?

Plugs

Currently running cheap NGK's (BK7RE I think). These are being change but not sure... either the Denso IK24's or some other NGK's that are fitted by CW, that are meant to be good and last the mileage too. Can anyone identify them for me or advise alternative for BPU at no more than 1.2bar absolute max.

Air Con.

Any particular brand of fluid recommended or same as other air con car systems?

Bolts Underneath.

Heard there are some specific bolts that should be checked as part of good service...anyone point me in the right direction and give correct torque setting?

Plugs - Denso IK24s are the ones.

Gearbox - yep, must be V160, you need two litres (it comes in 1 litre cans).

Engine oil - A lot of people use Valvoline 5w50. You need just over 5 litres if i remember correctly.

Filter - general consensus seems to be yes. You can get Blitz and TRD replacement panel filters. I've got a Blitz one I bought from Justin at TorqueIC.

Bolts - these are the front suspension sub-frame mounting bolts. See here from mkiv.com. That page also has the diff oil specs, basically API GL-5 SAE90. You don't need special LSD oil - I think pretty much any brand will do.

cheers guys, sounding good so far. forgot to mention...any idea of a part no. for the toyota bits (i have J spec 1996 but guessing this does not matter). Don't want the monkeys at toyota to stuff this order up and get it wrong.

Air filter

V160 oil

Oil filter

Diff oil

Fuel filter

Cam belt

anything else anyone thinks is relevant

thanks again

Bolts- When these work lose the car handles (unsurprisingly really :blink: ) like an absoloute nightmare, front and rears worked lose on mine and on throttle it felt ok, however as soon as you backed off the car "crabbed" really badly, kind of felt like you were moving fwds with the body of the car twisted a few degrees off centre, which come to think of it....it probably was :p !!