The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Girlfriend managed to close petrol station.

SteamAhead

Had fun Sunday just gone.

Went with the other half on her Nissan Figaro meet to Leeds castle (oh the joy).

On the way there she pulled in to get some petrol for her boy. Filled up with £15 worth of super unleaded, then off she went to pay while I sat in the car.

10mins went before she came back to the car looking a funny colour?

Jo what's wrong; I said.

The guy in the garage said I've put Diesel in the fig? I've told him I defiantly put unleaded inn, but he's insistent that I've used Diesel. I don't get it she said. I'm sure I put Unleaded in (starting to question herself)

Jo & myself both went back to see him, & sure enough he was very insistent that she put Diesel in when she didn't. He then stopped all the pumps in the garage, which as you can guess did not go down well with people just pulling in to the garage :rlol:

After about 20mins had gone & us arguing with this guy, he checked the pumps to then find he was going by the price of the Diesel which turned out to be the same price as the Super Unleaded. Yep the price was wrong on the pump.

Pleased, we where not :mad: could of :boxing: the guy.

We did not even get an apology from the him. Still, Jo managed to get super unleaded for the price of Diesel which was a result.

Poor girl, she was as white as a sheet, shacking & everything. So gave her a big :hug:

The rest of the day went well though, had good time in the end :thumbs:

Has anyone else managed to close a petrol station before?

i have, not as good a story as yours though, i used to work for safeways as a forecourt manager, and used to stop the pumps with idiots lighting up while filling up (was in a rough area) also when kids used to works the pumps, and also when we had a promotion on that you spent X in the shop you got X off a litre you used to get joe bloggs fill up keep the pump going while his mate woudl drive his car away out the road and then drive his car to the pump to fill it up while the guy has an open pump in his hand, also we actually had people some with coke bottles and fill up to buzz the petrol,

i tell you my eyes were opened on what goes on in forecourts, and the amount of people that woudl drive off is unreal had at least 3 a day

i have, not as good a story as yours though, i used to work for safeways as a forecourt manager, and used to stop the pumps with idiots lighting up while filling up (was in a rough area) also when kids used to works the pumps, and also when we had a promotion on that you spent X in the shop you got X off a litre you used to get joe bloggs fill up keep the pump going while his mate woudl drive his car away out the road and then drive his car to the pump to fill it up while the guy has an open pump in his hand, also we actually had people some with coke bottles and fill up to buzz the petrol,

i tell you my eyes were opened on what goes on in forecourts, and the amount of people that woudl drive off is unreal had at least 3 a day

Breathe man, breathe. Or use punctuation. :rlol:

Has anyone else managed to close a petrol station before?
Yep! :D

When I worked at my dad's scrapyard as a teenager. We had over 3000 wheels with scrap bald tyres on. The wheels are worth money as scrap metal but it's too time consuming to take the tyres off and even if you do that you are still stuck with 3000 tyres that you can't recycle or even dump somewhere.

So I got all these wheels into a huge pile and set fire to them. This was a very bad idea. Anyone who's ever seen a burning tyre will know how much smoke it makes - lots!" Imagine 3000!

It was a totally windless day and the column of smoke could be seen from miles away. Five fire engines and lots of police turned up. Even the coastguard were getting radio calls from ships out at sea asking WTF was on fire? Petrol stations for miles around had to be closed due to the glowing embers that were falling from the sky.

My dad's company got fined quite a lot of money but we still made a profit from all the sellable scrap we now had.

Guest SteveW's Carole

Hi ya Jim,

Like the new name... thought I would have my own, about time huh? :)

While I was a student... yes I can still remember that far back :)

I worked in a petrol station. You would not believe how many people would fill their cars up while still smoking (smoking was more popular in those days).

I would announce over the loud speaker for them to extinguish their "fags"

You would always get one cocky guy who would give you the "bird" (nice huh)... :eyebrows:

Anyway... I had this wonderful button which would cut all the fuel lines off!!! I use to love pressing it!!!

Unfortunately it cut all the pumps off, not only the "W**ker's" one. It would take a good hour to reset all the pumps again. Boy would I get earache!!!!

I loved my job ... only for fire precautions of course :rlol:

Carole

It was a totally windless day and the column of smoke could be seen from miles away. .

wow:sos: :drown: :ecstatic:

You can't just drown them in water either, can you? they burn hot from the inside, takes aaaages for the fire to stop.

3000 tyres, crickey...a day to remember!:respekt:

Guest SteveW's Carole
I don't get whay they have to turn off the pumps because someone put/might have put the wrong fuel in their car?

Because of the fire risk Rosie, the whole lot would go up from one fag

Carole :)

Guest SteveW's Carole
i have, not as good a story as yours though, i used to work for safeways as a forecourt manager, and used to stop the pumps with idiots lighting up while filling up (was in a rough area)

Sorry James I was busy typing mine out, interupted by the telephone... bloody work :eyebrows:

not as bad as what one of my old managers did.

he had his new company jag for about a month. he was due to go on holiday the next day, fills his car up with petrol when it was a diesel. next day, try's to start the thing to drive to the airport and it wont fire up properly. he heads off in a taxi to the airport and gets back to a 5k bill from jag :D

luckily for him, the company i work for covered it :(

It was a totally windless day and the column of smoke could be seen from miles away. Five fire engines and lots of police turned up. Even the coastguard were getting radio calls from ships out at sea asking WTF was on fire? Petrol stations for miles around had to be closed due to the glowing embers that were falling from the sky.

Jake,

Since you are not working at the moment, how about you get working on your memoirs. You must have enough to write a decent book by now :respekt:

It'll be a better read than that Celeb shite ;)

Gaz.

wow:sos: :drown: :ecstatic:

You can't just drown them in water either, can you? they burn hot from the inside, takes aaaages for the fire to stop.

That's right John. The fire brigade boys tried to put the fire out for about an hour but the tyres that were inside the pile, not on the surface, wouldn't go out and they kept re-igniting the other ones. Also, because most of the tyres were still inflated there was lots of loud bangs and whistles as the tyres burst, so nobody could get near to them. The fire wasn't totally out for three days but the first 6 or so hours were the most, errr interesting.

When I worked at my dad's scrapyard as a teenager. We had over 3000 wheels with scrap bald tyres on. The wheels are worth money as scrap metal but it's too time consuming to take the tyres off and even if you do that you are still stuck with 3000 tyres that you can't recycle or even dump somewhere.

So I got all these wheels into a huge pile and set fire to them. This was a very bad idea. Anyone who's ever seen a burning tyre will know how much smoke it makes - lots!" Imagine 3000!

My dad's company got fined quite a lot of money but we still made a profit from all the sellable scrap we now had.

If only you had video footage, that would of been worth seeing again :respekt:

(But don't try this at home kids :bobby: :rlol: )

Hi ya Jim,

Like the new name... thought I would have my own, about time huh? :)

While I was a student... yes I can still remember that far back :)

I worked in a petrol station. You would not believe how many people would fill their cars up while still smoking (smoking was more popular in those days).

I would announce over the loud speaker for them to extinguish their "fags"

You would always get one cocky guy who would give you the "bird" (nice huh)... :eyebrows:

Anyway... I had this wonderful button which would cut all the fuel lines off!!! I use to love pressing it!!!

Unfortunately it cut all the pumps off, not only the "W**ker's" one. It would take a good hour to reset all the pumps again. Boy would I get earache!!!!

I loved my job ... only for fire precautions of course :rlol:

Carole

Hi Carole.

Thought I saw you on another thread :read:

Should your name be SteveW's Mrs :haha: (sorry!)

So it takes another hour to turn all the pumps back on. All I can say is TUFF! to that garage guy for upsetting my other half :eyebrows:

P.s

In me new home now, so if there are any meets soon then should be able to make it.

:sos:

oh shit...so I guess you didn't get a great Birthday present that year then!

I once set my Mums kitchen on fire when i was three, i was trying to cook myself a meal lol (slightly off topic soz lol)

Jake,

Since you are not working at the moment, how about you get working on your memoirs. You must have enough to write a decent book by now :respekt:

It'll be a better read than that Celeb shite ;)

Gaz.

:rlol: The Secret Diary of Jake Mole aged 43 and 3/4's....

Chapter One.

I measured my new hose kit this morning it measured 4 cms, got another rejection letter from the BBC, sniffed poppers, made love to toilet roll holder..c*m in my pants:sos:

Im currently working in a petrol station for Jet/Somerfield (its fantastic!!)

he should surely have been able to tell which she put in, i know my pooter tells me which fuel is selected, so that 9 times out of 10 i can warn people they are putting the wrong fuel in :)

had a fella a week or two back - he drove in in his Audi RS6, nice guy, proceeds to put diesel in, fortunately i was out of the door before he had put more than 30p in :)

I'm guessing it's in case the station tanks have been filled up incorrectly, so it stops anyone else potentially putting in the wrong fuel.

Must admit, thats what we thought had happend at first, that there might of been diesel in the unleaded. Think that's why jo was panicking even more so.

:rlol: The Secret Diary of Jake Mole aged 43 and 3/4's....

Chapter One.

I measured my new hose kit this morning it measured 4 cms, got another rejection letter from the BBC, sniffed poppers, made love to toilet roll holder..c*m in my pants:sos:

Steady on, Facelift Boy.... :sly: