The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MAX GT...What a joke

staceymr2

Well I don't normaly come on other sites and bad mouth its memebers. But I feel this one should be shared with as many people who love there pride and joy as much as I do.

I met MAX GT about 8 months ago and to cut a long story short they asked to sponsor the car. This was grate news and I got the grafics made and fitted to the car..it looked fab.

Last year the car went into them to have an engine rebuild as it had a heavy year. Track days etc including the britbull run which was its last run as paul (max-gt) came with me and between us we manage to brake the gear box

So in it went to MAX-GT to have a new gear box fitted which paul paid for as he brake it. Engine rebuild (Just a clean up) and a new turbo fitted as that was broken. I paid and suppiled all the parts needed.

This in all should of taken a max of a month to compleat!!! Comeing up to 4 MONTHS later!!!!!!! the car has now been trailered to another garage to be put back together. Over the 4 months I asked for the car to be either finshed or reuturned to me and on every occaiton paul would not do either and I got abuse!!!.

It has taken about 2 half weeks for me and my friends to put the car back together. There was broken exhuast studs he had left....CV joints missing.....lots and lots of bolts missing..he had left out 2 spark plugs....the rear window surround has been snapped where he had not put the boot back on right......trips down there to collect hoses which he had forgotten about.....vac hoses missing......fuel hoses missing.....the list is endless and I also have supporting pics. Oh and dont forget about my cambelt that was new about 5 months ago...paul told me it had frayed, specking to toyota they said 1 in a million would fray and only bad fitting would cause it. They asked for it back to have a look and guess what paul did not have it no more!!!!!! Just another mr2 in the workshop that may of needed it.!!!

Everyone has a mixed opion of him and the company but I thought I would share my ordeal with others as I really would not want it to happen to many one else. I should imgen he will give his 2ps worth and when im back online again I shall answer his reply

To date the car is still not back on the road due to his shit work and the fact he dose not give a dam about other peoples pride and joy inclueing my friends MR2 who came away with a cracked gear box houseing.

Just becarefull......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they were a good company and at that point in time I did back them. But when it came down to the crunch I can see why people have such low views on the company and I now shall join them.

After what they have done to my little car....its just unreal I cant express how hurt upset and angry I am about it

This is what I find hard to believe about this "club" sometimes, someone comes along to offer advice or a warning, even just to tell people about their experiances, and members find it more helpfull to pick holes in spelling and punctuation, and as CJ said the original topic gets pushed to one side.!

Agreed :amen: Max-GT have ruined someone elses supra/life and you lot are taking the piss.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like you’ve had a bad time with Max GT and that’s what forums are about to ensure others don’t get stung in the same way. It would be good if Paul came onto the site and gave his side of the story but if he’s going to treat one customer this like what’s to say he wont treat every customer poorly. Hope you get your car sorted soon and well done for sharing this.

I believe I found one of his helpers....

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~shemesh/mechanic.jpg

Sorry to hear about your troubles... To be honest I was thinking your association with MaxGT would end in tears when I read your original post.

I hope you can get your car back as you had it before.... :sos:

Well I don't normally come on other sites and bad mouth its members. But I feel this one should be shared with as many people who love their pride and joy as much as I do.

I met Max GT about 8 months ago and to cut a long story short they asked to sponsor the car. This was great news and I got the graphics made and fitted to the car..it looked fab.

Last year the car went into them to have an engine rebuild as it had a heavy year, track days etc. Including the Britball run which was its last run as Paul (Max-GT) came with me and between us we managed to break the gearbox.

So in it went to Max-GT to have a new gearbox fitted which Paul paid for as he broke it, an engine rebuild (just a clean up) and a new turbo fitted as that was broken. I paid and supplied all the parts needed.

This in all should of taken a max of a month to complete!!! Coming up to 4 MONTHS later (!!!!!!!), the car has now been tailored to another garage to be put back together. Over the 4 months I asked for the car to be either finished or returned to me and on every occasion Paul would not do either and I got abuse!!!.

It has taken about 2 half weeks for me and my friends to put the car back together. There were broken exhaust studs he had left....CV joints missing.....lots and lots of bolts missing. He had left out 2 spark plugs....the rear window surround has been snapped where he had not put the boot back on right......trips down there to collect hoses which he had forgotten about.....vac hoses missing......fuel hoses missing.....the list is endless and I also have supporting pics. Oh and don’t forget about my cam belt which was new about 5 months ago...Paul told me it had frayed. Speaking to Toyota they said 1 in a million would fray and only bad fitting would cause it. They asked for it back to have a look and guess what? Paul did not have it any more! Just another MR2 in the workshop that may have needed it.!!!

Everyone has a mixed opinion of him and the company, but I thought I would share my ordeal with others as I really would not want it to happen to anyone else. I should imagine he will give his 2 pence worth and when I’m back online again I shall answer his reply.

To date the car is still not back on the road due to his shit work and the fact he does not give a damn about other peoples pride and joy, including my friends MR2 that came away with a cracked gearbox housing.

Just be careful......

Let see the pics then!

There are many similar stories piling up and sympathise with anyone in this position. Are you going to leave it at that or consider legal action?

Shame garage mechanics can't be struck off like doctors.