The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jeez! I just got two guys arrested who have damaged at least 24 cars!!!

supRo

I don't want to piss on anyones parade, but I once got three scrotes caught red-handed, housebreaking - actually in their victims house (our neighbour...would've been our house but for a stroke of luck!). Had to do the whole statement thing, CPS wanted me as prime witness, blah blah blah.

Got a letter a couple of months later saying the whole thing had been dropped! FFS!!! Happens all too often.

Anyway, I still get loads of satisfaction from seeing a huge police dog jump clean over a six foot wall, almost on top of one of the burglars - he almost jumped out of his skin!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience the cops tend to 'leak' the punter's name anyway.

Somehow they try to make a point, maybe that they don't like people who add to the crime figures of their patch.

Think about it: more physical work for them, even more paperwork and no extra cash.

No glory either, the punter caught the scrotes, the cops moved in because they had no choice.

Cynical or Realistic?

No extra cash??? Coppers can pull £80K /year with the overtime the paperwork creates!!!

sometimes it's just scrotes who are on the dole, so even if they get convicted and are forced to pay damages, they only lose a few quid per week maximum.

...and they may come back later on to show their gratitude, you never know....

In my case they were 'professionals' just kicking and keying whatever was in their way. They live a few hundred yards away actually, the one who kicked my mirror had a nice car as well parked proudly in his driveway.

You know this really f**ks me off.

Our piss pot policing system will give them a slap on the back of the hand and send them on their way.

Oh and whilst your at it boys, heres a few therapy slots we want you to go on "dont worry, we will pay for transport costs, loss of earnings, and provide refreshments, then you wont do it again will you"

So in turn, were all paying for them to damage our cars! work that one out!

wankers:complain:

Some did this in our street one drunken night, kicked the rear panel in on my old Astra, police caught him, CCTV the lot, i didn't ge a penny and the case was dropped :(

From my experience the cops tend to 'leak' the punter's name anyway.

Somehow they try to make a point, maybe that they don't like people who add to the crime figures of their patch.

Think about it: more physical work for them, even more paperwork and no extra cash.

No glory either, the punter caught the scrotes, the cops moved in because they had no choice.

Cynical or Realistic?

Cynical.

Try applying a bit of thought yourself, John.

The person erporting the crime isn't the one who is adding to the crime figures FFS. The @rseholes doing the damage are the people doing that. As soon as the victim reports the damage in the morning, the crime figures go up.

When someone reports the crime in progress and they get there in time to catch the muppets, it goes down as a detected crime - which is what the Police want isn't it???

The Police depend on the public calling stuff like this in to them. They aren't waiting on every street corner waiting to catch someone on the off-chance!

As for trying to 'leak' the informants name - get real. (But no doubt it's happened to you....:yawn: )

As for trying to 'leak' the informants name - get real. (But no doubt it's happened to you....:yawn: )

Didn't happen to me because I avoid involving the authorities. I see it as a sign of weakness (the 'other' side will also see it as such)

It also makes one predictable and eliminates any other response (I'd be the top suspect from then onwards, not smart)

I've seen it happen to others though. Last time it was a lady living 20 yards away. At the time our street was suffering of harassment and petty vandalism from some nice 'children', known-unknown. She reported it to the police and the next day a fire engine was outside my house, they had burnt down her hedge, trees and was about to spread to her conservatory.

Didn't happen to me because I avoid involving the authorities. I see it as a sign of weakness (the 'other' side will also see it as such)

It also makes one predictable and eliminates any other response (I'd be the top suspect from then onwards, not smart)

I've seen it happen to others though. Last time it was a lady living 20 yards away. At the time our street was suffering of harassment and petty vandalism from some nice 'children', known-unknown. She reported it to the police and the next day a fire engine was outside my house, they had burnt down her hedge, trees and was about to spread to her conservatory.

So from that, you can safely conclude that beyond reasonable doubt it was the Police that 'Leaked' it.

ok. Just so I'm clear on that.

Good work mate, the world needs more people like you policing the streets! The people who do this kind of thing annoy the hell out of me, I saw someone smashing sides of cars with a traffic cone last year, called the police but the guy only got a caution! About a year before that I saw some guy walking along (on the bonnet and roofs) a line of cars down Old Brompton Road at about 1am, wish I'd reported him too now :(

Out of interest, think u could let us know what punishment these guys get once it's dished out?

So from that, you can safely conclude that beyond reasonable doubt it was the Police that 'Leaked' it.

ok. Just so I'm clear on that.

I never said that the above is a safe conclusion beyond reasonable doubt.

That's a quick assumption you've made.

(Use your brain. What do you want, specific names + addresses on a public forum?)

Either it was enough to substantiate your claim that the Police 'Leak' names to crimials or it wasn't.

As you made your accusation regarding such 'leaks' earlier in the thread, the assumption naturally follows that it indeed WAS enough to substantiate such a claim or someone as intelligent as yourself wouldn't have made the claim in the first place. No?

I'm sure making accusations without the necessary evidence to back it up would surely not be your style.

Names and addresses not necessary, really. Wouldn't want anything to be 'leaked' here. ;)

...I'm sure making accusations without the necessary evidence to back it up would surely not be your style.

I expressed my view, and clearly marked it as such ("from my experience....")

...and if you think that I would risk being more specific on a public forum, you've gotta be out of your mind:eyebrows:

• 2 months later...

good one ro :respekt:, once my cusion was stayin at my house and the drunk from down the road was sick over my cusions skyline and when he tryed cleanin it he scratched it, my cusion heard some noises outside (the drunk swearing) he went outside to find the drunk over his skyline, he saw the scratchs and the sick over it and rather then fone the police my cusion sorted him out :boxing:

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but I thought I'd share some good news.

I was due to attend court at the end of the month for the trial of these two blokes (Who turned out to be brothers). They had about 12 charges each.

I went to my Luton home yesterday to find a letter from the Police to say that the two brothers have now pleaded guilty and I don't need to attend court!:clap:

I guess the Police managed to get hold of more evidence than I thought :)

I'm not sure what the sentence would be but I really hope they get more than a slapped wrist. I don't know how the brothers stand in terms of paying back for all the damage?

Cheers,

Ro