The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sponsor someone you don't know....

michael

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um. Well.

OK. Cat out of the bag time in the hope it makes more people sponsor Angela.

There was a good reason for me not being available at the start of this year, I was diagnosed with cancer on Friday 20th January. I've been through scans, an operation, and some chemotherapy, and thanking my lucky stars and counting my blessings on a daily basis I've got out of it all about as intact as you can. No spread and a clean removal of the fricker. I've got ten years of hospital visits and tests and scans to go through now but IMO that's a good thing.

So please chuck some money Angela's way to help Cancer Research UK because I probably owe them my continued life, tadaaaa.

-Ian

Ooooo... feck Ian thats big boy stuff :(

So glad to hear that for you...good luck...

I thought i'd better come and thank you all personally :)

It really means alot that you've took the time to sponsor me for my run, as Michael said i done the race last year and i enjoyed it so much, it really is an amazing feeling being there with everyone knowing we're all there for one reason.

I've even given the site a mention on my page so everyone can see what stars you are!!

Again, thank you ever so much and i shall do you proud!!! :p

Ange x

A subject that's close to my heart too. It seems most of us, sadly, know someone who has been lost to cancer. For me, it was a good friend of mine a year and a half ago now. He went from feeling a bit under the weather one day, to losing his fight to leukemia 3 weeks later. It completely floored me. In a way we can be thankful that he wasn't suffering for long, for others it can be a very long and painful ordeal. I'm hopeful that we will find a cure for cancer one day, and cancer research do fantastic work.

So I'm pleased to make a donation from one Michael & Angela to another (I still think that's spooky!).

P.S. Ian C : wow, had no idea about that. We're all glad you've beaten it and are still with us big man!

P.P.S Michael : you not doing the race with her then? ;)

Yep...me too!

This is very close to my heart and I give to Cancer Research by direct debit. I've had a couple of friends die from cancer and one in hospital at the moment - not to mention IanC being one of our closest friends also.

As far as I'm concerned, if my donation helps in any small way to find a cure, it's worth every penny to keep our friends around us.

Best of luck, Ange!

Angie.

Thought I would sponser goodness Race for life costs me a fortune every year as all my staff collar me for sponsership at Tesco all for a good cause though so I don't mind.

I also help out giving water bottles to the ladies (has its benefits)

• 1 month later...