The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake upgrade

JamieP

Jamie, what brakes are fitted on the car ATM? If it has the larger 4pot/2pot Supra brakes, then these are more than adequate for any road use.

Other brands to consider at similar price would be Brembos, Endless and Project Mu, email me at the link below if you want price list.

Jamie, what brakes are fitted on the car ATM? If it has the larger 4pot/2pot Supra brakes, then these are more than adequate for any road use.

Other brands to consider at similar price would be Brembos, Endless and Project Mu, email me at the link below if you want price list.

i will mail you...thanks

• 1 month later...
I`m interested in a brake upgrade, can anybody who does these pm me with prices, I need to decide whether to go for the Supra 4/2 pot conversion or something bigger, these 2 pot calipers on the front of a manual 6 speed TT are absolutely rubbish.

Thanks

In terms of value for money, you can not beat the standard 4/2 pot Supra brakes, they are more than adequate for any road use. After market big brake kits are really only worth it if you do a lot of track days or for the pose factor.

I have a full price list of all the parts needed to upgrade the front and rear Supra brakes, I'll email you now, if you reply to my email I will send you the price list as an attachment.

I can also get most of the big brake kits at very good prices, so I'll also send you a price list for these too.

I`m interested in a brake upgrade, can anybody who does these pm me with prices, I need to decide whether to go for the Supra 4/2 pot conversion or something bigger, these 2 pot calipers on the front of a manual 6 speed TT are absolutely rubbish.

Thanks

I had original 2 pots on mine, very poor for "spirited driving" ;)

I changed to a full UK spec setup with CW fast road pads, braided hoses and a change of fluid..... completely transformed the braking :) doubt you'd need more unless you're a keen track day driver or planning on driving at warp speed!

In terms of value for money, you can not beat the standard 4/2 pot Supra brakes, they are more than adequate for any road use. After market big brake kits are really only worth it if you do a lot of track days or for the pose factor.

I have a full price list of all the parts needed to upgrade the front and rear Supra brakes, I'll email you now, if you reply to my email I will send you the price list as an attachment.

I can also get most of the big brake kits at very good prices, so I'll also send you a price list for these too.

Nic, i`ve had no email, can you email [email protected] the lists thanks

Jamie, I think you and supragold should start a 600bhp+ with silly brakes club!

just a thought, but while you're waiting for the new ones to arrive I was shocked at how much difference just changing the fluid made. Get some decent dot5.1 in there and see what I mean. It's as if the japanese had filled it with water!

Jamie, I think you and supragold should start a 600bhp+ with silly brakes club!

just a thought, but while you're waiting for the new ones to arrive I was shocked at how much difference just changing the fluid made. Get some decent dot5.1 in there and see what I mean. It's as if the japanese had filled it with water!

i think it has uprated brakes they look bigger in the pics its just nick was'nt sure.....ill check next week....

lucifer gave me a great price on the kads 100s cheaper than anyone else so if it needs some ill order them:)

Thanks a lot for that, was worth a thought but although most posts are dated several years ago there are some current bad reports. So, its back to some setup advice. I dont want to spend loads and loads because I will have more parts to buy, I am a 3G & EBC distributor so it makes sense for me use the 3G brakes, I prefer those over EBC. It seems the EBC brake pads dont seem to last, so its either go for Supra 4 pot calipers with 3G brake discs and a recommendation for pads, or go for some other brake set up, I did read the KAD kit was competetively priced....opinions please

Thanks a lot for that, was worth a thought but although most posts are dated several years ago there are some current bad reports. So, its back to some setup advice. I dont want to spend loads and loads because I will have more parts to buy, I am a 3G & EBC distributor so it makes sense for me use the 3G brakes, I prefer those over EBC. It seems the EBC brake pads dont seem to last, so its either go for Supra 4 pot calipers with 3G brake discs and a recommendation for pads, or go for some other brake set up, I did read the KAD kit was competetively priced....opinions please

pm lucifer....he gave me a great quote on the kad kit...£400 cheaper than whifbitz