The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how would YOU cope without your driver aids?

roboldham

I bought my son an old 'D' reg VW Polo when he was learning to drive. I let him use that for a year before letting him loose in a more modern car (my MX6 at the time).

His first comment was "I don't like the MX6 brakes Dad."

"Why not?"

"They work!"

PS. He's 22 now and now driving a Punto (that I bought him).

The S2000 has ABS and nothing else, so going by the steering test, maybe the BMW is a heap of shit?

"The others just managed to keep control of the car but only by creeping round the cones at a snail’s pace. "

She found it easy in her S2k, unless they are counting LSD and a decent chassis as a driver aid...

my saxo is superb, but does tend to lock up under heavy brakeing when your least expecting it, that what comes with a rollerskate, however the c2 has ESP,traction control and abs the brakes are on or off.

the sup is stopping by its self, no....................... right front caliper is binding i think........... i dont need that, iam hoping it will free up when it gets used more.:drown:

tt steve

My nova doesnt have any driver aids and with a 2.0 16v engine its spins in most gears, it slides round corners rather than steers, it locks up at the sligtest tap on the brakes especially the back end which adds to the fun , the steering is very heavy and its so much fun to drive :D

My nova doesnt have any driver aids and with a 2.0 16v engine its spins in most gears, it slides round corners rather than steers, it locks up at the sligtest tap on the brakes especially the back end which adds to the fun , the steering is very heavy and its so much fun to drive :D

the rears locking up is the best thing about a hot hatch.........the death potential is great......... almost died las nov :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

lets face it you lock the wheels on purpose to se the smoke in the rear view mirror. or is that just me..:ecstatic: :ecstatic: :tomato:

tt steve

a friend of mine has a 2 litre nova on itb's the shell is fully stripped and caged and all the windows are polycarbonate its an absoloute animal and one of the fastest things i have ever seen round castle combe. it will happily embarrass MUCH more expensive kit :respekt: