The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stolichnya

hello all, just joined (week ago) and just seen i ought to do this newbie thing. I bought a quicksilver manual TT on a P plate about two months ago. Its amazing, simply...... well you all know what im on about!!!

I think my cars old owner may have been a member, is there any way of telling?

I would welcome suggestions as to how i can stop wheel spin in 3rd at 70mph+? and yes, i know i could not put my foot down but thats not the point in having this motor.. is it.

anyone point me in the right direction for some mild tuning?

Hi :)

Maybe some pics, or a part registration number.

RLTC is good, crap traction though on the wet and greasy roads, the stock traction control isn't good.

Be careful, you can lose the back end so easily when you least expect it.

I would welcome suggestions as to how i can stop wheel spin in 3rd at 70mph+? and yes, i know i could not put my foot down but thats not the point in having this motor.. is it.

Hello and :welcome:.

Get used to your car first before thinking of mild tuning. Maybe RLTC as your first mod if you're worried about spinning the rears up?

:welcome: Enjoy your purchase, though I would advocate a period of getting used to it. I bought mine on a frosty december day a little over three years ago - whilst on my test drive I lit the tyres up horribly and got it all sideways - which may have been a good thing as it made me be very careful on the way home with it. I waited two years before going BPU, and see Dug (Classone's) posts recently regarding going BPU some time after he bought his - it's a learning curve!

If you can stretch to it, RLTC is a good one to get... until then RFTC is a compromise (right foot traction control!)

cheers

thanks all for the welcome. lots of ideas here, what is RLTC tho! i am not used to all this stuff. I haver been driving quick cars for a while so thanks to those who said take it easy, i didnt get a supra to slow down tho!!! hOW THE HELL CAN I SEND A PIC OF THE CAR? sorry, caps lok on! i will add a pic tom if someone can give me inspiration. The traction control is indeed crap. it takes forever to give power back after snow mode, whats that about!!! tried turning it off but its just stupid with 350bhp and a pendulum back end! i want to get 400bhp, come on spill the beans please.

Anyhew, thanks again for the welcome. i cant see how to attach things so no pikkies tonite of my baby. by the way, its Quicksliver, 18" wheels (how can it spin 275/35/18's at 70mph!!!?? and has a cat back (1 cat taken away) apart from that its boggo

hello all, just joined (week ago) and just seen i ought to do this newbie thing. I bought a quicksilver manual TT on a P plate about two months ago. Its amazing, simply...... well you all know what im on about!!!

Dont drive it hard in the wet ;) welcome on board mate

Roads are shite this time of year you wont get much traction at any speed

thanks all for the welcome. lots of ideas here, what is RLTC tho! i am not used to all this stuff. I haver been driving quick cars for a while so thanks to those who said take it easy, i didnt get a supra to slow down tho!!! hOW THE HELL CAN I SEND A PIC OF THE CAR? sorry, caps lok on! i will add a pic tom if someone can give me inspiration. The traction control is indeed crap. it takes forever to give power back after snow mode, whats that about!!! tried turning it off but its just stupid with 350bhp and a pendulum back end! i want to get 400bhp, come on spill the beans please.

Anyhew, thanks again for the welcome. i cant see how to attach things so no pikkies tonite of my baby. by the way, its Quicksliver, 18" wheels (how can it spin 275/35/18's at 70mph!!!?? and has a cat back (1 cat taken away) apart from that its boggo

Race Logic Traction Control.

you need to post up your pics on something like uploadit.co.uk before u can post on here. or another web site.

tt steve

hello by the way.

Hia, yes i do have recaro's but am not that impressed with them. my drivers one has the padding moving on the right side bolster (leg side) and despite best effots i cant get it back into shape. I have been quoted £500 to put leather into the front.

does anyone know how to swap the lights behind the speedo/rev counter? my speedo one has gone and its annoying. i bet its a 3 day job!

Hia, yes i do have recaro's but am not that impressed with them. my drivers one has the padding moving on the right side bolster (leg side) and despite best effots i cant get it back into shape. I have been quoted £500 to put leather into the front.

does anyone know how to swap the lights behind the speedo/rev counter? my speedo one has gone and its annoying. i bet its a 3 day job!

mine the same matey, dont get rid though they were only on a few of the face lifts.

tt steve